Sign in with
Your question

How to get Windows Live Movie Maker dvd's to play on my TV dvd player

Last response: in Windows 7
November 9, 2011 6:44:42 PM

Hello,
Using Windows 7, Windows Live Movie Maker Burnt to DVD, I can get disk to play on computer but not on my TV dvd player
November 9, 2011 7:01:45 PM

What is the brand of TV DVD Player you have? Not all DVD Players can read burned discs.

Also, are you burning this as a DVD or a Data disk? Make sure that you are burning as as movie DVD.
m
l
November 9, 2011 7:12:07 PM

What my project was putting pictures on DVD to play a slide show with background music
I have a Sony Theater system and a Pioneer DVD recorder.Both say cannot read disk. I am burning to DVD -R disks. If I use Widows DVD Maker and same DVD -R disks it plays OK. I was having trouble getting background music to work properly using Windows DVD Maker and searched and read that your should use Windows Live Movie maker.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2011 7:14:34 PM

Also, be sure to burn to a DVD-R or DVD-RAM not a DVD+R, +RW, or -RW as these are not designed for DVD video.

Lastly, when burning a DVD be sure to burn at a nice slow speed (generally 1/2 of the max speed), otherwise it will not burn as deep/clearly and players with weak lasers will have trouble with the discs.
m
l
January 31, 2014 3:30:11 AM

Do you use a free version or a purchased version? If you use the free version, you can turn to the FAQ of Windows DVD Maker see if someone else has the same trouble with you, and you could let others know your problem; if you have the purchased version, do Windows DVD Maker have any support team? If so, you could send e-mails for further help, they may need you log for analysis. If they cannot solve your problem, you have the right to get the refund. Hope this can help you.
m
l
!