• DVD
  • DVD Players
  • Windows Live
  • Movie Maker
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 9, 2011 6:44:42 PM

Hello,
Using Windows 7, Windows Live Movie Maker Burnt to DVD, I can get disk to play on computer but not on my TV dvd player

More about : windows live movie maker dvd play dvd player

November 9, 2011 7:01:45 PM

What is the brand of TV DVD Player you have? Not all DVD Players can read burned discs.

Also, are you burning this as a DVD or a Data disk? Make sure that you are burning as as movie DVD.
m
l
November 9, 2011 7:12:07 PM

What my project was putting pictures on DVD to play a slide show with background music
I have a Sony Theater system and a Pioneer DVD recorder.Both say cannot read disk. I am burning to DVD -R disks. If I use Widows DVD Maker and same DVD -R disks it plays OK. I was having trouble getting background music to work properly using Windows DVD Maker and searched and read that your should use Windows Live Movie maker.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2011 7:14:34 PM

Also, be sure to burn to a DVD-R or DVD-RAM not a DVD+R, +RW, or -RW as these are not designed for DVD video.

Lastly, when burning a DVD be sure to burn at a nice slow speed (generally 1/2 of the max speed), otherwise it will not burn as deep/clearly and players with weak lasers will have trouble with the discs.
m
l