This one's a doozy

proteininja

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
I have a Biostar TP67XE Motherboard. It works in my build. In fact I am posting this from the very computer using this motherboard. The problem is I can't get the original video card I purchased to work with it.

Right now I have an ATI HD4670 in there. It works. The slot it is in obviously works. I have flashed the bios to the most recent version. I have done a hard reset of the cmos by removing the battery on the board. This board will not work with my superclocked GTX 460 card or my Geforce 9500GT. The 9500GT is confirmed to be working through testing in another rig. When I put it into this motherboard...no dice. Please help. I am at my wits end and will be sitting here until some one can enlighten me.

Also, it is important to note that the evga tech support guys are stumped too. I couldn't reach biostar at this hour. This is CERTAINLY a problem with the mobo. I have tested all other possibilities. Someone please tell me why these two cards won't work on this mobo.

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Check to see if the card has been "tested" to work in your board. I doubt that it has been (very limited items are tested). My guess, however, is that there is a mis-match of PCI revisions between the card/motherboard. THAT is a rare occurance but, every so often it happens.

Also, make sure your video card is connected to power (Wither 6 or 8 pin from PSU). If you are using adapters, GET RID OF THEM! Buy a PSU that can support it correctly.

Finally, you may try flashing the BIOS on your graphics card (There should be info on the manufacturer's forum) and see what that turns up.
ALSO!

Try a different VGA/DVI/HDMI out from the card. I have had cards that WILL NOT, for ANY reason/way shape or form, post with the display connected to port B but flawlessly post from port A. Dual monitor and both work BUT, in single config, it NEEDED the monitor in a specific port. (Usually the one furthest from the motherboard) I know this seems like an odd one but, try several configurations this way and see what your results come up with.

proteininja

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Thank you for your prompt reply putsy. I'll try to give you a bit more info.

Any more assistance is welcomed. This problem is highly technical and I'm sure it requires an intimate knowledge of this specific motherboard. I will try to post after the issue is finally resolved.