Does an SSD help improve photouploads to online storage finish faster

yokazuma0

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Curious because i know someone who uploads pictures for a photography business and sometimes the uploads takes hours. I understand bandwidth is the main thing, but i'm curious about an ssd. will my uploads be a lot faster?

Solution
Its all about your upload speed. Not only how fast your upload speed is rated at by your ISP but how fast the server you are uploading to will allow.

Even if you had 100mb/s upload speed to the net that translates to about 12MB/s (the difference between bits any bytes) for which any newer harddrive could easily exceed. Newer 7200rpm drives can do a 100MB/s + transfer rates for what its worth. Newer SSDs do 400+ MB/s

popatim

Titan
Its all about your upload speed. Not only how fast your upload speed is rated at by your ISP but how fast the server you are uploading to will allow.

Even if you had 100mb/s upload speed to the net that translates to about 12MB/s (the difference between bits any bytes) for which any newer harddrive could easily exceed. Newer 7200rpm drives can do a 100MB/s + transfer rates for what its worth. Newer SSDs do 400+ MB/s

Solution