Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 5850 with 8800GT for Physx

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 2, 2010 7:50:18 PM

Hey guys, I'm sure this question gets asked a million times a week, but my google-fu seems to be failing me. I recently came into a spare 8800gt, so I decided to throw it in my rig, really just to see what the vantage scores go up to :)  But I'm also using it to connect my plasma so I don't have to plug/unplug hdmi's everytime I want to watch youtube on the bigscreen since I'm using dual monitors on the 5850(no displayport).

Anyways, I can't seem to enable Physx. I have downloaded the mod(can't remember the exact name and I'm at work) but to no avail. I've tried a few driver versions, but still can't enable Physx. Anybody have this setup and know what to tell me, or point me to a good guide? Everything I find seems to be from last year.

I think my sig is gone, I haven't posted here in awhile...but rig is i7-920, Win 7 ultimate, 5850, 6gigs ram, corsair tx750. Don't think anything else is relevant, but I've been wrong before:) 
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2010 9:10:27 AM

Its a driver problem(deliberately created by NVIDIA), you cannot enable PhysX on a NVIDIA card when you have an ATi card.
August 3, 2010 2:53:54 PM

Right, I know it's a driver problem...there are mods out there that allow you to enable it. Which was pretty much my question, which mod to use and which drivers:) 

And dipankar, you are probably right, no...definitely right, it's more trouble than it's worth:)  But if that ever stopped me before I'd never overclock or tweak or mod or...well you get the idea haha.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2010 3:50:51 PM

before you frustrate yourself with trying to get PhysX working, have you even looked a the list of GPU PhysX games, it's pretty small
August 3, 2010 4:02:27 PM

Not even gonna play any PhsyX games. Vantage is pretty much the only reason I want to get it enabled. Well...I might play Arkum Asylum, I doubt it but you never know lol.

I really just need to sit down and figure it out, there has to be a guide out there somewhere. I figured it was a common topic with a simple answer, I haven't been reading the forums for a few months now:-D
!