Teflon powder for Mice

Last response: in Video Games
a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2005 3:51:06 PM

If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
tip.

In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
feet.

It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
great.

Lisa

More about : teflon powder mice

Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 2:14:26 PM

UT_Master wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
>
> >If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
> >that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
> >us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
> >railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
> >tip.
> >
> >In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
> >then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
> >off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
> >finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
> >feet.
> >
> >It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
> >every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
> >mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
> >great.
> >
> >Lisa
>
> Somehow I found this post very erotic.

Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
to cause itching :)

Lisa
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 3:46:29 PM

On 26 Jul 2005 05:54:51 -0000, UT_Master
<UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
>
>>If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
>>that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
>>us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
>>railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
>>tip.
>>
>>In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
>>then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
>>off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
>>finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
>>feet.
>>
>>It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
>>every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
>>mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
>>great.
>>
>>Lisa
>
>Somehow I found this post very erotic.

Because it was signed "Lisa". Had it been "Fred"...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 3:46:30 PM

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On 26 Jul 2005 05:54:51 -0000, UT_Master
> <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
>>
>>>If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
>>>that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
>>>us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
>>>railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
>>>tip.
>>>
>>>In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
>>>then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
>>>off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
>>>finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
>>>feet.
>>>
>>>It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
>>>every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
>>>mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
>>>great.
>>>
>>>Lisa
>>
>>Somehow I found this post very erotic.
>
> Because it was signed "Lisa". Had it been "Fred"...

It's great to see a bit of humor here. UT_M, you are truly twisted :)
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 3:50:07 PM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:51:06 -0700, Lisa Horton
<Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:

>If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
>that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
>us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
>railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
>tip.
>
>In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
>then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
>off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
>finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
>feet.
>
>It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
>every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
>mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
>great.
>
>Lisa

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of Teflon powder.

I struggled for years looking for the ultimate combination of surface
and mouse and I'm finally happy. I use an Icemat mouse mat plus
Teflon tape over my mouse pads. I can now go for weeks without
cleaning anything. And when I do need to clean a little alcohol on a
paper towel cleans up both the mat and the Teflon tape.

Only problem is I'm out of tape. Anyone know where to get some? I
know I can get it online but once you crank in shipping it's kind of
stupid.
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 3:50:08 PM

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:51:06 -0700, Lisa Horton
> <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
>
>>If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
>>that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
>>us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
>>railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
>>tip.
>>
>>In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
>>then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
>>off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
>>finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
>>feet.
>>
>>It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
>>every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
>>mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
>>great.
>>
>>Lisa
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of Teflon powder.
>
> I struggled for years looking for the ultimate combination of surface
> and mouse and I'm finally happy. I use an Icemat mouse mat plus
> Teflon tape over my mouse pads. I can now go for weeks without
> cleaning anything. And when I do need to clean a little alcohol on a
> paper towel cleans up both the mat and the Teflon tape.
>
> Only problem is I'm out of tape. Anyone know where to get some? I
> know I can get it online but once you crank in shipping it's kind of
> stupid.

When you say teflon tape, are you referring to the kind used by plumbers or
is there another, closer to a "scotch" type?
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 9:00:00 PM

I think you might mean the white pipe tape you use on water pipe joints but
that is very soft. If so any hardware supply shop or DIY outlet will have
it.

Vis
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 9:00:01 PM

"Visine" <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D c5q6g$3sf$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>I think you might mean the white pipe tape you use on water pipe joints but
>that is very soft. If so any hardware supply shop or DIY outlet will have
>it.
>
> Vis

That's the only type of teflon tape I was aware of. I use it alot for
plumbing and even though it's got great tensile strength, I don't see it
lasting long being rubbed across something.
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2005 9:42:19 PM

PVC electrical tape is also very slidey. The stuff you wrap electrical
looms with. Might be the stuff.

Vis
July 27, 2005 12:18:20 AM

> >>Lisa
> >
> >Somehow I found this post very erotic.
>
> Because it was signed "Lisa". Had it been "Fred"...

ROFLMAO.......

JR
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 27, 2005 4:10:15 PM

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:09:20 -0700, "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote:

>When you say teflon tape, are you referring to the kind used by plumbers or
>is there another, closer to a "scotch" type?

I dunno. It's often sold as "mouse skates". For examples see here:
https://www.icemat.com/shop/default.asp?main=products
(scroll down till you see "Icemat padsurfer")

or for another version see here:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cables/6f46/
although I'm sure a tape-type product would do just as well.

This company also sells the tape:
http://www.mouseskatez.com/index.htm
and it's only $4, but you don't get much and there's the shipping.

I was just curious if there was another source.
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2005 12:42:10 AM

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:09:20 -0700, "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote:
>

>>When you say teflon tape, are you referring to the kind used by plumbers
>>or
>>is there another, closer to a "scotch" type?
>
> I dunno. It's often sold as "mouse skates". For examples see here:
> https://www.icemat.com/shop/default.asp?main=products
> (scroll down till you see "Icemat padsurfer")
>
> or for another version see here:
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cables/6f46/
> although I'm sure a tape-type product would do just as well.
>
> This company also sells the tape:
> http://www.mouseskatez.com/index.htm
> and it's only $4, but you don't get much and there's the shipping.
>
> I was just curious if there was another source.

I'll bet that works really well. I'm going to order some. Let you guys know
how it works.
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2005 10:27:15 AM

"UT_Master" <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
>>UT_Master wrote:

>>> Somehow I found this post very erotic.
>>
>>Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
>>to cause itching :)
>
> I dunno, maybe I'll wrap my mouse in saran wrap and squirt massage oil
> all over my mousepad. ;-)

You *are* still talking about computers, aren't you? :)
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2005 10:39:24 PM

Just how slippy do you need your mouse to be LOL, will you be putting it in
some tight space somewhere LOL :D

ha ha
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 29, 2005 2:09:42 AM

Am 28 Jul 2005 09:40:30 -0000 schrieb UT_Master:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
>>UT_Master wrote:

>>> Somehow I found this post very erotic.
>>
>>Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
>>to cause itching :)
>
> I dunno, maybe I'll wrap my mouse in saran wrap and squirt massage oil
> all over my mousepad. ;-)

could u plz post a photo of that?
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 29, 2005 2:12:41 AM

Am Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:27:15 -0700 schrieb goPostal:

> "UT_Master" <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote in message

>>>Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
>>>to cause itching :)
>>
>> I dunno, maybe I'll wrap my mouse in saran wrap and squirt massage oil
>> all over my mousepad. ;-)
>>

> You *are* still talking about computers, aren't you? :)

wuoha... female postings in a fragging ng can cause heavy confusion.

;-)
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 30, 2005 2:08:37 PM

kAUSTiK wrote:

> Just how slippy do you need your mouse to be LOL, will you be putting it in
> some tight space somewhere LOL :D
>
> ha ha

You may be interested in another use for teflon powder. If the teflon
feet on your mouse have acquired a texture, as they usually do in time,
you can treat them with the teflon powder. Just put a little but on
your finger, and gently rub the mouse foot, working the powder into the
grooves. rub rub rub.

Lisa :)
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
August 15, 2005 12:52:04 AM

Lisa Horton wrote:

> kAUSTiK wrote:
>
>>Just how slippy do you need your mouse to be LOL, will you be putting it in
>>some tight space somewhere LOL :D
>>
>>ha ha
>

> You may be interested in another use for teflon powder. If the teflon
> feet on your mouse have acquired a texture, as they usually do in time,
> you can treat them with the teflon powder. Just put a little but on
> your finger, and gently rub the mouse foot, working the powder into the
> grooves. rub rub rub.
>
> Lisa :)

Hehe Sounds like one happy mosue to me.

Will