Teflon powder for Mice

If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
tip.

In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
feet.

It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
great.

Lisa
17 answers Last reply
More about teflon powder mice

    UT_Master wrote:

    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
    >
    > >If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
    > >that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
    > >us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
    > >railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
    > >tip.
    > >
    > >In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
    > >then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
    > >off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
    > >finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
    > >feet.
    > >
    > >It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
    > >every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
    > >mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
    > >great.
    > >
    > >Lisa
    >
    > Somehow I found this post very erotic.

    Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
    to cause itching :)

    Lisa

    On 26 Jul 2005 05:54:51 -0000, UT_Master
    <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote:

    >On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
    >
    >>If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
    >>that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
    >>us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
    >>railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
    >>tip.
    >>
    >>In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
    >>then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
    >>off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
    >>finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
    >>feet.
    >>
    >>It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
    >>every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
    >>mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
    >>great.
    >>
    >>Lisa
    >
    >Somehow I found this post very erotic.

    Because it was signed "Lisa". Had it been "Fred"...

    "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
    > On 26 Jul 2005 05:54:51 -0000, UT_Master
    > <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
    >>>that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
    >>>us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
    >>>railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
    >>>tip.
    >>>
    >>>In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
    >>>then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
    >>>off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
    >>>finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
    >>>feet.
    >>>
    >>>It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
    >>>every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
    >>>mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
    >>>great.
    >>>
    >>>Lisa
    >>
    >>Somehow I found this post very erotic.
    >
    > Because it was signed "Lisa". Had it been "Fred"...

    It's great to see a bit of humor here. UT_M, you are truly twisted :)

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:51:06 -0700, Lisa Horton
    <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:

    >If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
    >that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
    >us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
    >railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
    >tip.
    >
    >In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
    >then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
    >off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
    >finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
    >feet.
    >
    >It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
    >every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
    >mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
    >great.
    >
    >Lisa

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of Teflon powder.

    I struggled for years looking for the ultimate combination of surface
    and mouse and I'm finally happy. I use an Icemat mouse mat plus
    Teflon tape over my mouse pads. I can now go for weeks without
    cleaning anything. And when I do need to clean a little alcohol on a
    paper towel cleans up both the mat and the Teflon tape.

    Only problem is I'm out of tape. Anyone know where to get some? I
    know I can get it online but once you crank in shipping it's kind of
    stupid.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:51:06 -0700, Lisa Horton
    > <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
    >
    >>If you, like me, like ultra low friction on your mouse, you may find
    >>that even a gaming mouse and gaming mouse moused may not be enough. For
    >>us, there is a solution, and it's teflon powder. It's sold in model
    >>railroad supply stores, in a small bottle with a needle type applicator
    >>tip.
    >>
    >>In use, you would "puff" a bit of the teflon powder onto your moused,
    >>then use your hand to work it into the texture of the surface, then blow
    >>off any excess. For a small bit of even more slickness, you can use a
    >>finger to work the teflon powder into the texture of your mouse's teflon
    >>feet.
    >>
    >>It doesn't last a real long time, meaning that you'll be reapplying it
    >>every few hours of gaming. And you'll need to periodically clean your
    >>mouse pad. But for the ultimate in frictionless mousing, this stuff is
    >>great.
    >>
    >>Lisa
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of Teflon powder.
    >
    > I struggled for years looking for the ultimate combination of surface
    > and mouse and I'm finally happy. I use an Icemat mouse mat plus
    > Teflon tape over my mouse pads. I can now go for weeks without
    > cleaning anything. And when I do need to clean a little alcohol on a
    > paper towel cleans up both the mat and the Teflon tape.
    >
    > Only problem is I'm out of tape. Anyone know where to get some? I
    > know I can get it online but once you crank in shipping it's kind of
    > stupid.

    When you say teflon tape, are you referring to the kind used by plumbers or
    is there another, closer to a "scotch" type?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    I think you might mean the white pipe tape you use on water pipe joints but
    that is very soft. If so any hardware supply shop or DIY outlet will have
    it.

    Vis
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Visine" <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I think you might mean the white pipe tape you use on water pipe joints but
    >that is very soft. If so any hardware supply shop or DIY outlet will have
    >it.
    >
    > Vis

    That's the only type of teflon tape I was aware of. I use it alot for
    plumbing and even though it's got great tensile strength, I don't see it
    lasting long being rubbed across something.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    PVC electrical tape is also very slidey. The stuff you wrap electrical
    looms with. Might be the stuff.

    Vis
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > >>Lisa
    > >
    > >Somehow I found this post very erotic.
    >
    > Because it was signed "Lisa". Had it been "Fred"...

    ROFLMAO.......

    JR
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:09:20 -0700, "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote:

    >When you say teflon tape, are you referring to the kind used by plumbers or
    >is there another, closer to a "scotch" type?

    I dunno. It's often sold as "mouse skates". For examples see here:
    https://www.icemat.com/shop/default.asp?main=products
    (scroll down till you see "Icemat padsurfer")

    or for another version see here:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cables/6f46/
    although I'm sure a tape-type product would do just as well.

    This company also sells the tape:
    http://www.mouseskatez.com/index.htm
    and it's only $4, but you don't get much and there's the shipping.

    I was just curious if there was another source.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:09:20 -0700, "goPostal" <none@this.net> wrote:
    >

    >>When you say teflon tape, are you referring to the kind used by plumbers
    >>or
    >>is there another, closer to a "scotch" type?
    >
    > I dunno. It's often sold as "mouse skates". For examples see here:
    > https://www.icemat.com/shop/default.asp?main=products
    > (scroll down till you see "Icemat padsurfer")
    >
    > or for another version see here:
    > http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cables/6f46/
    > although I'm sure a tape-type product would do just as well.
    >
    > This company also sells the tape:
    > http://www.mouseskatez.com/index.htm
    > and it's only $4, but you don't get much and there's the shipping.
    >
    > I was just curious if there was another source.

    I'll bet that works really well. I'm going to order some. Let you guys know
    how it works.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "UT_Master" <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
    >>UT_Master wrote:

    >>> Somehow I found this post very erotic.
    >>
    >>Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
    >>to cause itching :)
    >
    > I dunno, maybe I'll wrap my mouse in saran wrap and squirt massage oil
    > all over my mousepad. ;-)

    You *are* still talking about computers, aren't you? :)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Just how slippy do you need your mouse to be LOL, will you be putting it in
    some tight space somewhere LOL :D

    ha ha
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Am 28 Jul 2005 09:40:30 -0000 schrieb UT_Master:

    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Lisa Horton <Lisa0205@lisahorton.net> wrote:
    >>UT_Master wrote:

    >>> Somehow I found this post very erotic.
    >>
    >>Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
    >>to cause itching :)
    >
    > I dunno, maybe I'll wrap my mouse in saran wrap and squirt massage oil
    > all over my mousepad. ;-)

    could u plz post a photo of that?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Am Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:27:15 -0700 schrieb goPostal:

    > "UT_Master" <UT_Master@blackhole.riot.eu.org> wrote in message

    >>>Then you'll no doubt be happy to know that the powder is fine enough not
    >>>to cause itching :)
    >>
    >> I dunno, maybe I'll wrap my mouse in saran wrap and squirt massage oil
    >> all over my mousepad. ;-)
    >>

    > You *are* still talking about computers, aren't you? :)

    wuoha... female postings in a fragging ng can cause heavy confusion.

    ;-)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    kAUSTiK wrote:

    > Just how slippy do you need your mouse to be LOL, will you be putting it in
    > some tight space somewhere LOL :D
    >
    > ha ha

    You may be interested in another use for teflon powder. If the teflon
    feet on your mouse have acquired a texture, as they usually do in time,
    you can treat them with the teflon powder. Just put a little but on
    your finger, and gently rub the mouse foot, working the powder into the
    grooves. rub rub rub.

    Lisa :)
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Lisa Horton wrote:

    > kAUSTiK wrote:
    >
    >>Just how slippy do you need your mouse to be LOL, will you be putting it in
    >>some tight space somewhere LOL :D
    >>
    >>ha ha
    >

    > You may be interested in another use for teflon powder. If the teflon
    > feet on your mouse have acquired a texture, as they usually do in time,
    > you can treat them with the teflon powder. Just put a little but on
    > your finger, and gently rub the mouse foot, working the powder into the
    > grooves. rub rub rub.
    >
    > Lisa :)

    Hehe Sounds like one happy mosue to me.

    Will