Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sniper Rifle "Rocket Bullet" Mod/Mutator?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:47:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

I recently reinstalled my old copy of UT, and I'm trying to locate a
mod/mutator I used to have that would (periodically) change the standard
sniper rifle ammo into high-powered "rocket" slugs. (Every other time the
sniper rifle ammo boxes would update, they would be the new high-powered
rounds, then would switch back to standard next cycle.)

Anyone know where I could get this mutator/mod, or what it was called?
Thanks!
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 11:33:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Jon A. Bell wrote:
> I recently reinstalled my old copy of UT, and I'm trying to locate a
> mod/mutator I used to have that would (periodically) change the
> standard sniper rifle ammo into high-powered "rocket" slugs. (Every
> other time the sniper rifle ammo boxes would update, they would be
> the new high-powered rounds, then would switch back to standard next
> cycle.)
> Anyone know where I could get this mutator/mod, or what it was called?
> Thanks!

That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of smoke in
the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from the very top of the
crane, lots of "bullet-time".

!bungle

CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically). Myself, I'm
looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a particular level
that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with balconies connected by
hallways on the opposing walls.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 11:33:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

"!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p OuHe.57872$0f.54864@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>
> That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of smoke
> in the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from the very top
> of the crane, lots of "bullet-time".
>
> !bungle
>
> CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically). Myself, I'm
> looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a particular level
> that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with balconies connected by
> hallways on the opposing walls.
>
>
EXACTLY! Thank you for the info! The "Crane" map is the #1 reason I was
looking for this mod again -- it's fun to stand on the very top of the crane
and blast people (well, bots) from a "God's Eye" perspective.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:28:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Jon A. Bell wrote:
> "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:p OuHe.57872$0f.54864@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>>
>> That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of
>> smoke in the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from
>> the very top of the crane, lots of "bullet-time".
>>
>> !bungle
>>
>> CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically).
>> Myself, I'm looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a
>> particular level that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with
>> balconies connected by hallways on the opposing walls.
>>
>>
> EXACTLY! Thank you for the info! The "Crane" map is the #1 reason I
> was looking for this mod again -- it's fun to stand on the very top
> of the crane and blast people (well, bots) from a "God's Eye"
> perspective.

The best feeling comes from when you have two guys lined up and take 'em
both out with one shot...

Glad I could be of service!


!bungle
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 12:42:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

"!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:bTAHe.93493$X76.12621@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Jon A. Bell wrote:
> > "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:p OuHe.57872$0f.54864@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> >>
> >> That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of
> >> smoke in the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from
> >> the very top of the crane, lots of "bullet-time".
> >>
> >> !bungle
> >>
> >> CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically).
> >> Myself, I'm looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a
> >> particular level that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with
> >> balconies connected by hallways on the opposing walls.

You'll find the map (along with a few other Chaos maps) on the GOTY edition
CD's, as well as the other Chaos stuff.

> >>
> >>
> > EXACTLY! Thank you for the info! The "Crane" map is the #1 reason I
> > was looking for this mod again -- it's fun to stand on the very top
> > of the crane and blast people (well, bots) from a "God's Eye"
> > perspective.

Never tried that. On that map, I usually jump on the building wall outside
the building.. hmm.. this is a bit difficult to explain... Then I just sneak
around the building, sniping the doods atop the cranes. Very funny and
rewarding seeing them fall and splash :-)

By the way, is there a way getting in the floors below the "normal" level?
Anything there?

>
> The best feeling comes from when you have two guys lined up and take 'em
> both out with one shot...
>
> Glad I could be of service!
>
>
> !bungle

--
gt
!