Sniper Rifle "Rocket Bullet" Mod/Mutator?

I recently reinstalled my old copy of UT, and I'm trying to locate a
mod/mutator I used to have that would (periodically) change the standard
sniper rifle ammo into high-powered "rocket" slugs. (Every other time the
sniper rifle ammo boxes would update, they would be the new high-powered
rounds, then would switch back to standard next cycle.)

Anyone know where I could get this mutator/mod, or what it was called?
Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about sniper rifle rocket bullet mutator

    Jon A. Bell wrote:
    > I recently reinstalled my old copy of UT, and I'm trying to locate a
    > mod/mutator I used to have that would (periodically) change the
    > standard sniper rifle ammo into high-powered "rocket" slugs. (Every
    > other time the sniper rifle ammo boxes would update, they would be
    > the new high-powered rounds, then would switch back to standard next
    > cycle.)
    > Anyone know where I could get this mutator/mod, or what it was called?
    > Thanks!

    That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of smoke in
    the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from the very top of the
    crane, lots of "bullet-time".

    !bungle

    CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically). Myself, I'm
    looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a particular level
    that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with balconies connected by
    hallways on the opposing walls.

    "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of smoke
    > in the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from the very top
    > of the crane, lots of "bullet-time".
    >
    > !bungle
    >
    > CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically). Myself, I'm
    > looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a particular level
    > that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with balconies connected by
    > hallways on the opposing walls.

    EXACTLY! Thank you for the info! The "Crane" map is the #1 reason I was
    looking for this mod again -- it's fun to stand on the very top of the crane
    and blast people (well, bots) from a "God's Eye" perspective.

    Jon A. Bell wrote:
    > "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of
    >> smoke in the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from
    >> the very top of the crane, lots of "bullet-time".
    >>
    >> !bungle
    >>
    >> CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically).
    >> Myself, I'm looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a
    >> particular level that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with
    >> balconies connected by hallways on the opposing walls.
    >>

    > EXACTLY! Thank you for the info! The "Crane" map is the #1 reason I
    > was looking for this mod again -- it's fun to stand on the very top
    > of the crane and blast people (well, bots) from a "God's Eye"
    > perspective.

    The best feeling comes from when you have two guys lined up and take 'em
    both out with one shot...

    Glad I could be of service!

    !bungle

    "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Jon A. Bell wrote:
    > > "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> That would be "CHAOS UT". The bullets leave a nice spiral trail of
    > >> smoke in the air, right? I like playing DM-Crane and sniping from
    > >> the very top of the crane, lots of "bullet-time".
    > >>
    > >> !bungle
    > >>
    > >> CHAOS UT also mods everything else in the game (periodically).
    > >> Myself, I'm looking for the poison dart gun (not the crossbow) and a
    > >> particular level that had catwalks over a giant room of lava- with
    > >> balconies connected by hallways on the opposing walls.

    You'll find the map (along with a few other Chaos maps) on the GOTY edition
    CD's, as well as the other Chaos stuff.

    > > EXACTLY! Thank you for the info! The "Crane" map is the #1 reason I
    > > was looking for this mod again -- it's fun to stand on the very top
    > > of the crane and blast people (well, bots) from a "God's Eye"
    > > perspective.

    Never tried that. On that map, I usually jump on the building wall outside
    the building.. hmm.. this is a bit difficult to explain... Then I just sneak
    around the building, sniping the doods atop the cranes. Very funny and
    rewarding seeing them fall and splash :-)

    By the way, is there a way getting in the floors below the "normal" level?
    Anything there?

    --
    gt

Games Bullet Video Games