sweet beer on keyboarad:(

Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
December 21, 2004 11:33:25 PM

well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as a
glue:(
I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone knows
the method?
laptop: HP compaq nx5000

thanks for any responses:) ))
Anax

More about : sweet beer keyboarad

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
December 21, 2004 11:33:26 PM

well I usually use rubbing alchol whenever I spill something on a
keyboard of any kind. I have never ruined a keyboard by doing this and
belive me I have spilled alot of things on my laptops keyboard
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
December 21, 2004 11:33:26 PM

well I usually use rubbing alchol whenever I spill something on a
keyboard of any kind. I have never ruined a keyboard by doing this and
belive me I have spilled alot of things on my laptops keyboard
December 21, 2004 11:33:26 PM

I've heard of ppl taking out the keyboard, rinsing with de-ionized water.
"Anax WRC" <westfalia75@interia.pll> wrote in message
> well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
> have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as
> a glue:(
> I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone
> knows the method?
> laptop: HP compaq nx5000
>
> thanks for any responses:) ))
> Anax

December 22, 2004 2:35:38 AM

go to your local radio shack and get some electronic cleaner, ask the clerk
about using it and tell him what you want it for. Option two is buy a
replacement keyboard or option three is get a usb keyboard.

"Anax WRC" <westfalia75@interia.pll> wrote in message
> well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
> have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as
> a glue:(
> I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone
> knows the method?
> laptop: HP compaq nx5000
>
> thanks for any responses:) ))
> Anax

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
December 22, 2004 3:58:50 AM

Anax WRC wrote:
> well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
> have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as a
> glue:(
> I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone knows
> the method?
> laptop: HP compaq nx5000
>
> thanks for any responses:) ))
> Anax

You could try to clean it but I dont think it will ever be the same
again :-)

A replacement keyboard should not cost you very much, in fact a lot less
than the time and effort required to 'try' to fix it. Call HP Spares for
a quote.

If you need the part number check it out on HP's Parts Surfer website.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
December 22, 2004 5:24:39 AM

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:33:25 +0100, "Anax WRC" <westfalia75@interia.pll>
wrote:

>well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
>have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as a
>glue:(
>I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone knows
>the method?
>laptop: HP compaq nx5000

Remove the keyboard, take it apart, rinse it in water (preferably purified
water), and dry thoroughly. Do it ASAP, or the beer nasties will start
corroding the switch contacts.

-- Mat.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
December 22, 2004 10:08:05 PM

THATS A WASTE OF GOOD BEER!!! Alcohol abuser... I may have a keyboard
for you if cleaning it doesnt remedy the problem
www.ikenfixit.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
December 23, 2004 6:41:06 PM

The chances of success are very, very slim unless the keyboard itself
can be taken apart, and most can't, they are "welded" together by fusing
the plastic.

!