sweet beer on keyboarad:(

well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as a
glue:(
I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone knows
the method?
laptop: HP compaq nx5000

thanks for any responses:)))
Anax
8 answers Last reply
More about sweet beer keyboarad

    well I usually use rubbing alchol whenever I spill something on a
    keyboard of any kind. I have never ruined a keyboard by doing this and
    belive me I have spilled alot of things on my laptops keyboard

    well I usually use rubbing alchol whenever I spill something on a
    keyboard of any kind. I have never ruined a keyboard by doing this and
    belive me I have spilled alot of things on my laptops keyboard

    I've heard of ppl taking out the keyboard, rinsing with de-ionized water.
    "Anax WRC" <westfalia75@interia.pll> wrote in message
    > well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
    > have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as
    > a glue:(
    > I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone
    > knows the method?
    > laptop: HP compaq nx5000
    >
    > thanks for any responses:)))
    > Anax

    go to your local radio shack and get some electronic cleaner, ask the clerk
    about using it and tell him what you want it for. Option two is buy a
    replacement keyboard or option three is get a usb keyboard.

    Anax WRC wrote:
    > well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
    > have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as a
    > glue:(
    > I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone knows
    > the method?
    > laptop: HP compaq nx5000
    >
    > thanks for any responses:)))
    > Anax

    You could try to clean it but I dont think it will ever be the same
    again :-)

    A replacement keyboard should not cost you very much, in fact a lot less
    than the time and effort required to 'try' to fix it. Call HP Spares for
    a quote.

    If you need the part number check it out on HP's Parts Surfer website.

    http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:33:25 +0100, "Anax WRC" <westfalia75@interia.pll>
    wrote:

    >well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
    >have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as a
    >glue:(
    >I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone knows
    >the method?
    >laptop: HP compaq nx5000

    Remove the keyboard, take it apart, rinse it in water (preferably purified
    water), and dry thoroughly. Do it ASAP, or the beer nasties will start
    corroding the switch contacts.

    -- Mat.

    THATS A WASTE OF GOOD BEER!!! Alcohol abuser... I may have a keyboard
    for you if cleaning it doesnt remedy the problem
    www.ikenfixit.com

    The chances of success are very, very slim unless the keyboard itself
    can be taken apart, and most can't, they are "welded" together by fusing
    the plastic.

    Anax WRC wrote:

    > well I had an accident with beer. laptop works properly except keybord. I
    > have to push hard buttons to get letters, I think that sweet beer works as a
    > glue:(
    > I know how to take of the keyboard but how can I clean it? does anyone knows
    > the method?
    > laptop: HP compaq nx5000
    >
    > thanks for any responses:)))
    > Anax