program icons changed

XP with SP2. Start> All programs. Almost all of the program icons are now
generic icons.

Can I get the program icons back?

Also, some of my desktop icons have become generic. Tried TweakUI, but it
didn't help.

Try a System Restore. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System
Tools>System Restore.
"bb4bball" <bb4bball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP with SP2. Start> All programs. Almost all of the program icons are
> now
> generic icons.
>
> Can I get the program icons back?
>
> Also, some of my desktop icons have become generic. Tried TweakUI, but it
> didn't help.

Thanks, but I've already manually re-installed many of the icons. I can't
find some of the icons, though.