AMD 1090T vs AMD 1100t

sylmarils

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Hi,

Im at the point of purchasing a AMD 1090T and i was wondering is is worth waiting for the relese of the new AMD 1100T

Far as in understand there is not much difference that would be significant but i could be wrong

Thank You

loneninja

Distinguished
It's just a half multiplier increase over the 1090T, nothing special about it. I wouldn't waste my time waiting for a new higher clocked part that will probably cost more, run about 3% faster at stock speeds, and overclock the same as the 1090.

sylmarils

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Thanks for the replyes i guess ill go for the 1090 for the moment. I suppose it won't be a huge price/performance difference after i had a more carefull look. I dont understand why AMD bothers bringing this new one out other than marketing. I guess future test will show whats all about

sylmarils

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
On the orther hand i was intending to overclock CPU anyway and so maybe more performance can be squised from the 1100 but all that is uncertain at this point

I'd just get the 1090T, I really think there won't be much difference between them except price. Remember the comparisons of the Phenom II X4 955 and 965? It was almost a waste of time. Even today, the Phenom II X4 975's speed can be easily matched with my Phenom II X4 940. I'm still happy with my speeds which is why I haven't bothered overclocking it yet. Once I feel the need, then I'll overclock and after that, I'll upgrade to a Phenom II X6 and the cycle starts again. It's better to get a lower-level black edition CPU because you will be happy with the performance right off the bat no matter what and when you want that extra jump, just OC the thing.