Port Forwarding Issue, Please help.

korpexx

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hello,
For the life of me I cannot figure out what is happening with my port forwarding. I have a 2wire modem/router combo that I have set myself to be completely unblocked from firewall / then tried DMZmode plus / then tried just opening ports 6112-6119 / and have any and all firewalls completely turned off on my computer.(win7 64 ulti) and in all of this ports 6112-6119 remain closed. I am unable to host wc3 and I check on portchecker.com and it tells me they are closed. I do not see anything else that could be blocking me. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very thankful.

car1jones

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Are the ports open on your router/modem aswell, also what router are you using. I have had this trouble myself and eventually found a security issue in the router that wasn't part of the firewall. If you have set your static IP and followed all the instructions on portforwarding.com then it'll be part of your router. There is also a possibility its your ISP - they can block ports to stop p2p.
I am no expert but I spent a few solid days trying to open my ports and eventually it was all down to the router.