Cpu sensor broke?

Just installed all my stuff in a new case and my cpu temp is showing as -125c in both the bios and asus software, is the sensor pretty much broke?

It worked before i put all the stuff in the new case.

Thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about sensor broke
  1. Impossible to say without you telling us your system setup.

    If you attempted to unlock a CPU core, the sensor becomes useless.

    At lower temperatures, the sensor becomes much less accurate but I have never heard of -125*C being shown.

    A broken sensor is a logical conclusion but I don't see how that could have come about.
  2. enzo matrix said:
    Impossible to say without you telling us your system setup.

    If you attempted to unlock a CPU core, the sensor becomes useless.

    At lower temperatures, the sensor becomes much less accurate but I have never heard of -125*C being shown.

    A broken sensor is a logical conclusion but I don't see how that could have come about.



    windows 7

    Asus P7H55-M
    i5 760 oced to 3.8ghz
    corsair 1600mhz 4gb ram
    Nvidia 8800GTS

    How easy is it to break the cpu sensor? Its kind of annoying because id like to know what temp my cpu is. Ive tried resetting cmos which didnt work.

    http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1730/cputc0.jpg
  3. MadCatz900 said:
    windows 7

    Asus P7H55-M
    i5 760 oced to 3.8ghz
    corsair 1600mhz 4gb ram
    Nvidia 8800GTS

    How easy is it to break the cpu sensor? Its kind of annoying because id like to know what temp my cpu is. Ive tried resetting cmos which didnt work.

    http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1730/cputc0.jpg



    Try using HWmonitor instead and also take your overclock off, just to give ideal conditions.
  4. enzo matrix said:
    Try using HWmonitor instead and also take your overclock off, just to give ideal conditions.


    Speedfan shows cpu temp as -126c but it shows core1-core4 between 24-28c
  5. MadCatz900 said:
    Speedfan shows cpu temp as -126c but it shows core1-core4 between 24-28c

    Interesting. well, the core temperatures are what are important anyway.
  6. Does updating the bios have a chance of fixing the problem?
  7. Done a bios update and it didnt fix it, Anyone know any way to fix? seems weird its just broke by moving the mobo from one case to another :s
  8. Here is what real temp says if it helps.

    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3231/cput2.jpg
  9. so realtemp seems to have no issues. Sorry I can't be of much more help, I'm stuck
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cases