Processor for graphic student

eva 87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hello,I am a new graphic student.I don't really know what is the best processor,graphi card and RAM for me.I also don't really expert in choosing suitable brand for my course.

eva 87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

As I said,I was new student and not really expert in this course.
So I don't really know about 3D modelling,animation or 2D design.
Let's say,I have to take this course without any interest. :(
My budget is around 2 thousand dolar and below or 2 thousand ringgit Malaysia and below.
I also use the PC for software programming such visual basic,computer architecture and networking.
I am planning to build it myself if I could.Because all of my friends said its better to build it by ourselves.
I also plan to buy the free DOS PC.
It so kind of you if you could explain a little about those graphic stuff for me as I don't really know about it. :)
And it so good of you for replied my message.Thanks! ;)

Umm, newegg is out of the option because they don't ship to Malaysia. Also I googled it, and 2000 "ringit" is approx. 628$ US dollars.

With your budget, the best Processor is the 440/445 Rana, from AMD. The ram should be the G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 4x2gb Dual Channel. A good budget mobo is the Asrock 870 Extreme3 or the Asrock 770 Extreme3 (if you plan to crossfire then the 870 is the better option if not, budget go with the 770) A good graphics card is the 5770 or the GTX 460. The 460 has better graphical performance but depending on your resolution and games the 5770 might be the better option for the budget.