Sign in with
Your question

AMD Athlon X2 64 4400+ Normal Temperature?

Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2010 3:51:47 PM

Hello,
I have an AMD Athlon X2 4400+ Brisbane. There is something strange, the temperature diffrence between Core 1 and Core 2 is 18 Celsius at Idle, is that normal? My CPU temp is 46 Celsius at Idle and 65 Celsius at Full Load. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper 101.
a c 159 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 1, 2010 4:01:23 PM

Some variance between cores is normal. Your hiper 101 is low end, so your temps are about right, especially if you live in a warm climate.
December 1, 2010 5:06:47 PM

Thanks for your answer, I know my cooler is pretty pathetic but the stock cooler was even worste- 54 Celsius on Idle. So my CM did a little improvement and I am quite happy with it :D  When mesured my room temperature was around 21 Celsius.
One more thing when I try to Overclock, it works and passes the test but after some time I get the "Your Overclock has failed, system restored to normal" message and it happens ALLWAYS when I turn on my PC before it even shows the Win XP loading, any idea why this is happening ? Thanks again for your answer.
Related resources
a c 159 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 1, 2010 5:20:30 PM

I would try lowering your cpu fsb. My msi board has some built in bios adjustments that will figure the max fsb that's a safe overclock. I try for a 20-25% overclock, depending on the ram. You shouldn't try increasing the cpu voltage with such a low end cooler. You'll just have to experiment with different settings until your overclock is stable.
a c 131 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 1, 2010 6:09:46 PM

VGKitov said:
Hello,
I have an AMD Athlon X2 4400+ Brisbane. There is something strange, the temperature diffrence between Core 1 and Core 2 is 18 Celsius at Idle, is that normal? My CPU temp is 46 Celsius at Idle and 65 Celsius at Full Load. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper 101.

Are you overclocking at all?
December 2, 2010 11:56:50 AM

Thanks for your replies. o1die: It will crash even at 10% Overclock. enzo matrix: Yes I am, the 46 Celsius is at normal 2.3 GHz Idle. malmental: I am currently using the thermal paste that came with the Cooler Master, your answer was very helpfull. Thank you!
!