AMD Athlon X2 64 4400+ Normal Temperature?

Hello,
I have an AMD Athlon X2 4400+ Brisbane. There is something strange, the temperature diffrence between Core 1 and Core 2 is 18 Celsius at Idle, is that normal? My CPU temp is 46 Celsius at Idle and 65 Celsius at Full Load. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper 101.
5 answers Last reply
More about athlon 4400 normal temperature
  1. Some variance between cores is normal. Your hiper 101 is low end, so your temps are about right, especially if you live in a warm climate.
  2. Thanks for your answer, I know my cooler is pretty pathetic but the stock cooler was even worste- 54 Celsius on Idle. So my CM did a little improvement and I am quite happy with it :D When mesured my room temperature was around 21 Celsius.
    One more thing when I try to Overclock, it works and passes the test but after some time I get the "Your Overclock has failed, system restored to normal" message and it happens ALLWAYS when I turn on my PC before it even shows the Win XP loading, any idea why this is happening ? Thanks again for your answer.
  3. I would try lowering your cpu fsb. My msi board has some built in bios adjustments that will figure the max fsb that's a safe overclock. I try for a 20-25% overclock, depending on the ram. You shouldn't try increasing the cpu voltage with such a low end cooler. You'll just have to experiment with different settings until your overclock is stable.
  4. VGKitov said:
    Hello,
    I have an AMD Athlon X2 4400+ Brisbane. There is something strange, the temperature diffrence between Core 1 and Core 2 is 18 Celsius at Idle, is that normal? My CPU temp is 46 Celsius at Idle and 65 Celsius at Full Load. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper 101.

Are you overclocking at all?
  5. Thanks for your replies. o1die: It will crash even at 10% Overclock. enzo matrix: Yes I am, the 46 Celsius is at normal 2.3 GHz Idle. malmental: I am currently using the thermal paste that came with the Cooler Master, your answer was very helpfull. Thank you!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Celsius Temperature AMD