Sign in with
Your question

Only 1graphic card will work on my system HELP!!!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 3, 2010 4:33:30 AM

I attempted to upgrade my AGP graphics card, 3 cards of different speeds and none will work. I have a old 32mb card operating the system right now, I need help, what could be wrong? My specs bellow on link.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4550/s...

More about : 1graphic card work system

August 3, 2010 4:35:00 AM

Also, my system was running a 128mb card untill 4 weeks ago!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2010 4:45:23 AM

Did you remove the drivers of your old card completely first, making sure no leftover files were left?
m
l
Related resources
a c 207 U Graphics card
August 3, 2010 4:45:43 AM

What card did you have? What 3 cards did you try? Did you totally remove the drivers from the old card before installing the new one and then install the drivers for the new one?

Also, check the sticker on the side of your power supply and post how many amps are available on the 12V rail, dell lists it as a 250W power supply so it might not have enough juice to power the cards you were trying to run. If not you can grab a corsair 400CX off newegg for fairly cheap.
m
l
August 3, 2010 5:20:07 AM

hunter315 said:
What card did you have? What 3 cards did you try? Did you totally remove the drivers from the old card before installing the new one and then install the drivers for the new one?

Also, check the sticker on the side of your power supply and post how many amps are available on the 12V rail, dell lists it as a 250W power supply so it might not have enough juice to power the cards you were trying to run. If not you can grab a corsair 400CX off newegg for fairly cheap.

I tried an Nvidia 7600 512mb, a 256mb Nvidia 5500 and a 128mb ATI/Nvidia 7500. those cards would not even boot to power up the monitor!
m
l
August 3, 2010 5:22:27 AM

hunter315 said:

yes,I tried that first, but those cards didnt boot the monitor to power on
m
l
!