Upload speed gone after adding second router...

So I am trying to expand my network through the use of a second router but I am having an interesting problem... I cannot get any sort of upload speed off the second router. The download speed is fine it is just the upload. Here is my config...

I had a DLink DIR-615 as my primary router off my cable modem. My reception in the basement was poor and that is where my main comp, ps3, wii, xbox etc were so I needed a fix. I instead switched my Dlink router with my G Linksys next to the modem then ran a cat-6 cable to the basement where my Dlink is now located and is split between my desktop and game system. Also set it up to work wirelessly with my laptop. I wired the cable modem to the internet port on the linksys, then from port 1 to internet on the dlink.

When it was only my dlink router the upload speeds were fine, when I connect to the linksys router now the uploads are fine. It is only when I use the dlink (wired or wirelessly) that my uploads go from approx 3-5mbps to 20-50kbps. Anyone know why this is?
answers
Last reply
More about upload speed adding router
  1. Did your turn off DHCP on the second router? Are you keeping everything on one network?
  2. DHCP is turned off.. I am having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what IP settings I need on the second router. I am not very network savy. I am not sure what you mean by keeping it on the same network. My upstairs and downstairs wlan have different names but I thought that was ok.
  3. Does every computer have an IP in the same subnet - IE 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx
    You might try plugging the cable from the first router into a normal switch port on the second router instead of the wan port. Try that and see how it works.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers D-Link Networking