Closed

How do I delete network connection after removing NIC ?

My LAN card died, and I have replaced it. While configuring new network
connection, received a message that my IP address was already used by
inactive LAN card. The same thing happened when I changed PCI slot of
the NIC. Is there a way to remove Network connection data of
unused(removed) network devices ?
3 answers Last reply
More about delete network connection removing

    To display hidden devices, non-Plug and Play devices, and devices not
    attached to the computer (commonly known as "ghosted" or "phantom" devices)
    Save the following two lines as a file then execute.

    --------------------------setdev.bat---------------------
    set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
    start devmgmt.msc

    Then, View|Show Hidden Devices to remove or reconfigure these devices. Do
    not edit the registry.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "bobjan" wrote:
    | My LAN card died, and I have replaced it. While configuring new network
    | connection, received a message that my IP address was already used by
    | inactive LAN card. The same thing happened when I changed PCI slot of
    | the NIC. Is there a way to remove Network connection data of
    | unused(removed) network devices ?

  2. Sweet, this works with Win7 too.
  3. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Configuration Network Connection NIC LAN Windows XP