How do I delete network connection after removing NIC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My LAN card died, and I have replaced it. While configuring new network
connection, received a message that my IP address was already used by
inactive LAN card. The same thing happened when I changed PCI slot of
the NIC. Is there a way to remove Network connection data of
unused(removed) network devices ?

To display hidden devices, non-Plug and Play devices, and devices not
attached to the computer (commonly known as "ghosted" or "phantom" devices)
Save the following two lines as a file then execute.

--------------------------setdev.bat---------------------
set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
start devmgmt.msc

Then, View|Show Hidden Devices to remove or reconfigure these devices. Do
not edit the registry.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"bobjan" wrote:
| My LAN card died, and I have replaced it. While configuring new network
| connection, received a message that my IP address was already used by
| inactive LAN card. The same thing happened when I changed PCI slot of
| the NIC. Is there a way to remove Network connection data of
| unused(removed) network devices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS