Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New PC build-cpu?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 1, 2010 5:20:28 PM

So I was just about to order my parts for my new computer i was planning to build when I started reading up on sandy bridge and am now wondering if i should just wait for that to come out, as it would be a better over all system and would last longer....

I am looking to use the computer on a samsung 40in tv

cross fire/sli: yes

Uses: Gaming and use for CAD (solidworks)

Over Clocking: yes
So would it be worth it to wait for sandy bridge/ will it come out at a reasonable price?? (for the 2500K)

More about : build cpu

a c 131 à CPUs
December 1, 2010 6:11:59 PM

It is always worth it to wait as long as you can. When sandy bridge comes out, the icore prices will not increase but likely decrease so even if you decide against it when it comes out, you will likely pay less overall.

You have to compromise and ask yourself how long you are willing to wait vs when you need the computer.
m
0
l
December 1, 2010 6:32:00 PM

Technology is always in a state of progression. Thus, you will always pay more now for less technology than you will six months later. That's just the way it is.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 1, 2010 6:59:45 PM

sorry for wording the question poorly i understand you will always pay a premium for the top of the line new gear. Ive just been wondering if it would be a better plan to buy sandy bridge in a a month or two rather then build a system right now? (because i can afford to wait a month or two)

Also what price range would a SB 2500K be in, your best guess? (I know nobody actually knows)
<200
200-250
250-300
300+
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 131 à CPUs
December 1, 2010 7:26:18 PM

^My guess is $250-300. And that's because the K model has an unlocked multiplier.
On the other hand, it still is a while from now and prices are slowly decreasing. It might hit the $200-250 range.

"Ive just been wondering if it would be a better plan to buy sandy bridge in a a month or two rather then build a system right now? "
Whether or not you choose sandy bridge or the current icores, it will be a better idea to wait because it can only lead to decreased pricing on the current icores. At the very least, the prices won't go up.
Share
December 1, 2010 7:29:54 PM

Best answer selected by peteypablo319.
m
0
l
December 1, 2010 7:30:31 PM

thanks alot think ill just be waiting to atleast see how things play out in Jan!!!
Thanks for your input!
m
0
l
!