Your question
Solved

Major PLED issue

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Cases
Last response: in Motherboards
July 29, 2011 12:03:27 AM

My pled pins on my mobo are too wide apart for my case's pled connector to attach. What do I do??? :( 

More about : major pled issue

a c 111 V Motherboard
July 29, 2011 12:13:02 AM

geis said:
My pled pins on my mobo are too wide apart for my case's pled connector to attach. What do I do??? :( 

It would be far more easier to assist you if you provided pics or model numbers to both the case and mobo, because I've have never run into this problem in any of the builds I've put together. Still, that doesn't mean your claim has no merrit.

To power an LED, you only need a positive wire and a negative wire. That said, I'm assuming your case PLED connector has two wires coupled to one connector. If this is true, you have two options:

1. Get a new case
2. Carefully break the plastic connector

m
l
July 29, 2011 12:25:36 AM

Mobo: Asus 790xEVO. Case: Enermax luxuray. How do I carefully break the plastic connector?
m
l
Related resources
a c 111 V Motherboard
July 29, 2011 1:25:26 AM

Use a Dremel tool.

I just thought of a third option:

Cut off the current P.LED connector, and then splice a new one on, making sure that the spliced connector are single-wire connectors, of course. If you're not familiar or comfortable with wire splicing and soldering, you could use Butt Splice Terminal/Connectors. 22-18 AWG, I believe, should fit.
m
l
July 29, 2011 5:45:16 AM

T_T said:
Use a Dremel tool.

I just thought of a third option:

Cut off the current P.LED connector, and then splice a new one on, making sure that the spliced connector are single-wire connectors, of course. If you're not familiar or comfortable with wire splicing and soldering, you could use Butt Splice Terminal/Connectors. 22-18 AWG, I believe, should fit.

Actually, after doin some more research. I figured out all I had to do was rewire it by using something thin to lift up the plastic tab to release the pin connector, which then I took the two and placed them on there corresponding pins, much easier than soldering or rewiring :) . Thanx for trying to help and now u have knowledge of a better way so me and you can help newbs like me :) . Winwin. Peace.
m
l
July 29, 2011 5:46:45 AM

Cutting*, not rewiring.
m
l

Best solution

a c 111 V Motherboard
July 29, 2011 5:35:24 PM

Glad you got it straightened out. Indeed, a win-win situation.
July 29, 2011 7:23:22 PM

Best answer selected by Geis.
m
l
!