Major PLED issue

It would be far more easier to assist you if you provided pics or model numbers to both the case and mobo, because I've have never run into this problem in any of the builds I've put together. Still, that doesn't mean your claim has no merrit.

To power an LED, you only need a positive wire and a negative wire. That said, I'm assuming your case PLED connector has two wires coupled to one connector. If this is true, you have two options:

1. Get a new case
2. Carefully break the plastic connector

Use a Dremel tool.

I just thought of a third option:

Cut off the current P.LED connector, and then splice a new one on, making sure that the spliced connector are single-wire connectors, of course. If you're not familiar or comfortable with wire splicing and soldering, you could use Butt Splice Terminal/Connectors. 22-18 AWG, I believe, should fit.

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Actually, after doin some more research. I figured out all I had to do was rewire it by using something thin to lift up the plastic tab to release the pin connector, which then I took the two and placed them on there corresponding pins, much easier than soldering or rewiring :). Thanx for trying to help and now u have knowledge of a better way so me and you can help newbs like me :). Winwin. Peace.