Disable integrated?? graphics

Hello,
how can you disable the graphics on intel"s i core cpu's
14 answers Last reply
More about disable integrated graphics
  1. If it does not do it automatically when you plug into the dedicated video card you have, then there should be some kind of option in the bios but I don't have hands on experience with this.
  2. enzo matrix said:
    If it does not do it automatically when you plug into the dedicated video card you have, then there should be some kind of option in the bios but I don't have hands on experience with this.

Thanks for the response.

I know you can disable integrated graphics thru the BIOS or just plug in a card if the IG is located on the motherboard but these are a different animal and INTEL doesn't saying about this anywhere that I can find.
  3. happyjoe1 said:
    Thanks for the response.

I know you can disable integrated graphics thru the BIOS or just plug in a card if the IG is located on the motherboard but these are a different animal and INTEL doesn't saying about this anywhere that I can find.

So what happened when you tried your dedicated card?
  4. Welcome to the forums!

can we have additional specs on your machine?
  5. enzo matrix said:
    So what happened when you tried your dedicated card?

I didn't try yet. I am just doing research for an upgrade and I'm looking for/at problems that may crop up.

Thanks again
  6. lol - so want to know how to turn the core i's IIGPU off - its automatically diabled in BIOS when a Dedicated GPU is detected.
  7. Lutfij said:
    Welcome to the forums!

can we have additional specs on your machine?

Well like I said to the other gentleman its just research for now.

But I was thinking of upgrading to an ASUS P7P55 deluxe board with one of the INTEL's core i5 cpu's. I don't know which way to go on the cpu whether to get one with the graphics or without.
  8. No offence mean't bro :)

OK, here's the deal, The P7P55D deluxe ( http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/08/06/first-look-asus-p7p55-deluxe/2 ) doesn't have display connectivity translation from the CPU if you plan on using a CPU that has an integrated GPU. That means intel's i3-530, i3-540, i5-661 and i5-660k (i think its that number) can be used with the mobo you looked at but you can't use its IGPU feature. Instead rely on a dedicated GPU.

The H55/H57 chipset of mobo's however, is a different story. You get a lot of display connectivity for the CPU. Google these mobo's out - GA-H55M-USB3 or GA-H55M-S2V Thus you can run an i3-530/540 with this mobo and not need a dedicated grafix card. It'll also run HD content @ 1080p and also give you playable frame rates for games. Mind you - its playable.
  9. Lutfij said:
    No offence mean't bro :)

OK, here's the deal, The P7P55D deluxe ( http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/08/06/first-look-asus-p7p55-deluxe/2 ) doesn't have display connectivity translation from the CPU if you plan on using a CPU that has an integrated GPU. That means intel's i3-530, i3-540, i5-661 and i5-660k (i think its that number) can be used with the mobo you looked at but you can't use its IGPU feature. Instead rely on a dedicated GPU.

The H55/H57 chipset of mobo's however, is a different story. You get a lot of display connectivity for the CPU. Google these mobo's out - GA-H55M-USB3 or GA-H55M-S2V Thus you can run an i3-530/540 with this mobo and not need a dedicated grafix card. It'll also run HD content @ 1080p and also give you playable frame rates for games. Mind you - its playable.

No problem.....

I didn't look at the h55 boards yet but, however if I stick with the p55 board your saying to get a cpu that doesnt have the integrated graphics??
  10. EGG-jacklty!

teh H55/57 is a cheaper route if your not a gamer but need to get some work done like rendering, photoediting and MS office work or maybe an HTPC setup
  11. Lutfij said:
    EGG-jacklty!

teh H55/57 is a cheaper route if your not a gamer but need to get some work done like rendering, photoediting and MS office work or maybe an HTPC setup

Well quite frankly I play games more than anything else. So go the P55 route??? What about the CPU???
  12. what other things are you putting together on this build ?

look at my member configuration , i'm writing from the 2nd rig, but i use both for gaming.

usually I advise the i5-750/760 but now that theres new stuff coming around the corner, i'd ask you to wait a lil bit.
  13. Lutfij said:
    what other things are you putting together on this build ?

look at my member configuration , i'm writing from the 2nd rig, but i use both for gaming.

usually I advise the i5-750/760 but now that theres new stuff coming around the corner, i'd ask you to wait a lil bit.

Nothing super. I'm not into the heavy stuff just the basic items you get from a regular vendor like Dell or HP and so forth. Maybe throw in 4 meg ram. Running XP. So I see you recommend the i5 700 series. I was leaning towards that. Don't think to wait. Some of this might be Christmas presents. By the way....you know anything you put into a computer these days will be obsolete in a few months. So whats the point in waiting. It never ends. Anyway thanks for the info.
  14. lol, the wait usually means a reduction in the 'OBSOLETE' items...though that term is vaguely used. Its not obsolete if its getting the job done in good time.

I asked you to wait cos the new H/W coming around Q1 2011 will cause most of todays H/W to dip in prices. In 3 months or so, the new sandy bridge CPU's will be out, meaning dif ram-mobo-cpu combo/specs which means the i5-750 i picked up will cost another $50 less maybe down the line.

Prebuilt system's are mean't for those that work in offices, workstations and don't want to go through the hassle of warranty claims. But I advise a custom built PC as you have more control of what goes into the rig and your not just paying for the badge and its brand name.

An HP/DELL/ACER rig are more prone to being obsolete than a well thought of/timed build.

you can look @ the P55 range of EVGA/Gigabyte/Asus/MSI mobo's...I've had good experience with them. 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz on a win7 x64 OS is usual these days unlike having a 2GB 800MHz with winXP x86.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Graphics Intel