Your question

Disable integrated?? graphics

Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2010 6:03:18 PM

Hello,
how can you disable the graphics on intel"s i core cpu's
a c 131 à CPUs
December 1, 2010 6:06:25 PM

If it does not do it automatically when you plug into the dedicated video card you have, then there should be some kind of option in the bios but I don't have hands on experience with this.
m
l
December 1, 2010 6:12:58 PM

enzo matrix said:
If it does not do it automatically when you plug into the dedicated video card you have, then there should be some kind of option in the bios but I don't have hands on experience with this.

Thanks for the response.

I know you can disable integrated graphics thru the BIOS or just plug in a card if the IG is located on the motherboard but these are a different animal and INTEL doesn't saying about this anywhere that I can find.
m
l
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
December 1, 2010 6:20:08 PM

happyjoe1 said:
Thanks for the response.

I know you can disable integrated graphics thru the BIOS or just plug in a card if the IG is located on the motherboard but these are a different animal and INTEL doesn't saying about this anywhere that I can find.

So what happened when you tried your dedicated card?
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2010 6:36:43 PM

Welcome to the forums!

can we have additional specs on your machine?
m
l
December 1, 2010 6:37:19 PM

enzo matrix said:
So what happened when you tried your dedicated card?

I didn't try yet. I am just doing research for an upgrade and I'm looking for/at problems that may crop up.

Thanks again
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2010 6:42:56 PM

lol - so want to know how to turn the core i's IIGPU off - its automatically diabled in BIOS when a Dedicated GPU is detected.
m
l
December 1, 2010 6:43:45 PM

Lutfij said:
Welcome to the forums!

can we have additional specs on your machine?

Well like I said to the other gentleman its just research for now.

But I was thinking of upgrading to an ASUS P7P55 deluxe board with one of the INTEL's core i5 cpu's. I don't know which way to go on the cpu whether to get one with the graphics or without.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2010 6:52:50 PM

No offence mean't bro :) 

OK, here's the deal, The P7P55D deluxe ( http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/08/06/first-look-... ) doesn't have display connectivity translation from the CPU if you plan on using a CPU that has an integrated GPU. That means intel's i3-530, i3-540, i5-661 and i5-660k (i think its that number) can be used with the mobo you looked at but you can't use its IGPU feature. Instead rely on a dedicated GPU.

The H55/H57 chipset of mobo's however, is a different story. You get a lot of display connectivity for the CPU. Google these mobo's out - GA-H55M-USB3 or GA-H55M-S2V Thus you can run an i3-530/540 with this mobo and not need a dedicated grafix card. It'll also run HD content @ 1080p and also give you playable frame rates for games. Mind you - its playable.
m
l
December 1, 2010 7:11:25 PM

Lutfij said:
No offence mean't bro :) 

OK, here's the deal, The P7P55D deluxe ( http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/08/06/first-look-... ) doesn't have display connectivity translation from the CPU if you plan on using a CPU that has an integrated GPU. That means intel's i3-530, i3-540, i5-661 and i5-660k (i think its that number) can be used with the mobo you looked at but you can't use its IGPU feature. Instead rely on a dedicated GPU.

The H55/H57 chipset of mobo's however, is a different story. You get a lot of display connectivity for the CPU. Google these mobo's out - GA-H55M-USB3 or GA-H55M-S2V Thus you can run an i3-530/540 with this mobo and not need a dedicated grafix card. It'll also run HD content @ 1080p and also give you playable frame rates for games. Mind you - its playable.

No problem.....

I didn't look at the h55 boards yet but, however if I stick with the p55 board your saying to get a cpu that doesnt have the integrated graphics??
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2010 7:14:53 PM

EGG-jacklty!

teh H55/57 is a cheaper route if your not a gamer but need to get some work done like rendering, photoediting and MS office work or maybe an HTPC setup
m
l
December 1, 2010 7:19:33 PM

Lutfij said:
EGG-jacklty!

teh H55/57 is a cheaper route if your not a gamer but need to get some work done like rendering, photoediting and MS office work or maybe an HTPC setup

Well quite frankly I play games more than anything else. So go the P55 route??? What about the CPU???
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2010 7:24:54 PM

what other things are you putting together on this build ?

look at my member configuration , i'm writing from the 2nd rig, but i use both for gaming.

usually I advise the i5-750/760 but now that theres new stuff coming around the corner, i'd ask you to wait a lil bit.
m
l
December 1, 2010 11:56:21 PM

Lutfij said:
what other things are you putting together on this build ?

look at my member configuration , i'm writing from the 2nd rig, but i use both for gaming.

usually I advise the i5-750/760 but now that theres new stuff coming around the corner, i'd ask you to wait a lil bit.

Nothing super. I'm not into the heavy stuff just the basic items you get from a regular vendor like Dell or HP and so forth. Maybe throw in 4 meg ram. Running XP. So I see you recommend the i5 700 series. I was leaning towards that. Don't think to wait. Some of this might be Christmas presents. By the way....you know anything you put into a computer these days will be obsolete in a few months. So whats the point in waiting. It never ends. Anyway thanks for the info.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 2, 2010 3:43:17 AM

lol, the wait usually means a reduction in the 'OBSOLETE' items...though that term is vaguely used. Its not obsolete if its getting the job done in good time.

I asked you to wait cos the new H/W coming around Q1 2011 will cause most of todays H/W to dip in prices. In 3 months or so, the new sandy bridge CPU's will be out, meaning dif ram-mobo-cpu combo/specs which means the i5-750 i picked up will cost another $50 less maybe down the line.

Prebuilt system's are mean't for those that work in offices, workstations and don't want to go through the hassle of warranty claims. But I advise a custom built PC as you have more control of what goes into the rig and your not just paying for the badge and its brand name.

An HP/DELL/ACER rig are more prone to being obsolete than a well thought of/timed build.

you can look @ the P55 range of EVGA/Gigabyte/Asus/MSI mobo's...I've had good experience with them. 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz on a win7 x64 OS is usual these days unlike having a 2GB 800MHz with winXP x86.
m
l
!