Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Replacing Motherboard.....with??

Last response: in Motherboards
July 29, 2011 12:32:03 AM

A few days ago I bought a Intel DG41CN. I installed my ram/cdrom/etc and its working fine. Since DDR3 Memory is alot cheaper than DDR2. I'm looking to buy a DDR3 board that will take my core 2 duo. 775 slot. I want to reuse all my old hardware except my ram. Now, when it comes down to northbridge and southbridge, its like greek I have no clue.

I do heavy mmo gaming. I need some recomendations for a nice board about 125 bucks range.... I paid 100 for the intel board. 8gig max would be ok but would like 16 if can. And 4 mem slots. Now I have done alot of research but the south bridge/north bridge really throw me through a loop, I'm clueless. Any help is appreciated. I don't use sli so 1 pcie slot is fine.

Help me out a little bit please and if anyone knows some links where I can learn my greek on south bridge/ north bridge would be much appreciated.

Thanks

More about : replacing motherboard

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
July 29, 2011 1:35:57 AM

Look for the P45 series chipset. (Intel P43/P45/P55/P67) And you should be set for speed and reliability.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That board seems to fit everything you're looking to do and them some. Gigabyte makes some great boards and the p45 chipset is one of the best Intel put out prior the "i" series processors. (Yes, Z68 is probably the best to date but, this is not the time or place)

Hope it helps!
July 29, 2011 2:05:56 AM

Thanks, this board is definetly better than the one I have correct? And hard drive etc.. all except the memory I can reuse on this board?
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2011 2:06:56 AM

I am a total newb when it comes to computer builds
m
l
July 29, 2011 2:27:39 AM

I just ordered it, I appreciate the fast response. Ordered 8gig of ddr3 ram as well. This should hold me over awhile, need to upgrade my 2.13 core 2 duo next. waiting for some prices to come down.
m
l
July 29, 2011 2:28:05 AM

Best answer selected by Krunkytb.
m
l
!