Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 830 not recognized in GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0 bios

Last response: in Storage
December 19, 2012 5:10:37 AM

I hope someone can help me :D 

I tried installing a samsung 128 gb ssd 830 series in my system with a GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0 bios)
After putting it on ahci in bios it was not recognized I tried another sata port still not recognized in bios).
After that I tried to update the bios in (wrong size) I fixed this by using @bios (not my favorite) but flashpi did not function in windows 8 and it worked.
After this the 830 is still not recognized in bios.
Any ideas (diddnt try another cable another computer and another sata power cable.)
Do I have to change something more on the bios or can it be just a firmware issue?

Thanx in advance
Greeting Joep

a b Ô Samsung
a c 531 G Storage
December 19, 2012 5:21:26 AM

Joepke said:
After putting it on ahci in bios it was not recognized I tried another sata port still not recognized in bios).

I'm assuming you tried connecting the drive to the 2 Marvell SATA 3 (6Gb/s) ports.

Connect the drive to port SATA2_0 and set the port to AHCI mode. See your motherboard manual for the location of the port. Save your BIOS settings and reboot into BIOS. When you go back into BIOS see if it recognizes the drive.
December 19, 2012 5:27:25 AM

Thanx I tried that but not after the bios upgrade.
Ive seen post from others with issues on these marvell controller so I tried both but not after the bios update no it is on another port.

Thanx Ill try it en let you know if it works.

I might aswell try another cable at once :D 
December 19, 2012 5:51:01 AM

Lets say that it worked....
The real problem to be honous was my modular psu.
lets say that I should have checked the wires first one end was not connected thanx.
Put this to solved
!