Sign in with
Your question

Creative X-Fi Titanium with Sennheiser PC 350

Last response: in Components
December 1, 2010 8:53:31 PM

Hi,

have the PC 350 and upgrading from an on-board sound card to Titanium.

Anyone had any experience with this combo or with the card in general?

Thanks.
December 1, 2010 8:57:50 PM

For music or gaming?
December 1, 2010 9:07:14 PM

Both, actually.
Related resources
December 3, 2010 11:05:03 AM

Welcome , newcomer!

what are your rig specs? What OS are you using/plan on using?

The sennheiser's are an amazing piece of equipoment, the titanium/fatal1ty/extreme gamer however we're total poop!

I would stay away from any creative cards for now...apart from creative's new X-fi titanium HD(which are meant for audiophiles). Reason being that all of creative's hardware support as of 2006 went down the drain. The sofware they develop stopped at vista's door and only wiggled under win7 door. If your looking for audio cards that come with a headphone amp - check out HT | omega's range of cards

I can post some links of them - but i need to know your budget...
December 3, 2010 3:08:25 PM

Thanks for the welcoming!

I'm currently using XP SP 3, E8400/GTX 460/4GB ddr2/not going into details etc. Win 7 32-bit is most likely in the near future.

Yes, I've been reading about this card and I'm not very optimistic but on the other hand for my budget and therefore needs it should do the job. I'm aiming at mid range cards, but the Titanium HD sounds very nice, although I think that it's yet not available near me, but I'll check that out even if it's probably not in that price range. Looks like a very nice card.

I'm aiming at better sound than the on-board's, in that purpose practically any card being better than the on-board and possibly combining gaming features cause I already have a gaming headset. Although the gaming features of the card are not that crucial, especially for my game, and most of them will probably be turned off for gaming mode, but are nice to have tho. The PC 350 are doing the positioning job very well on their own on the on-board anyways.

So if you know some alternatives, that would be great. Except the Asus Xonar D1/D2/DX or the whole Auzentech story.
December 3, 2010 3:12:25 PM

I'd still need a budget bro :) 

Quote:
Thanks for the welcoming!

your welcome bro

dude you can make a move onto win7 and realize a fresh breath of air :p 

Quote:
I'm currently using XP SP 3, E8400/GTX 460/4GB ddr2/not going into details etc.
ok do you at least have a PCI slot free to place a soundcard cos the HT | Omgea needs it.

EDIT : shoot it!
HT | Omega Striker 7.1 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - $90 (this ones good for gaming/music/movies)
HT | Omega Claro Plus+ - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - $175
December 3, 2010 3:19:52 PM

Well, bro :)  the prices are not nearly the same here cause as I said near me but let's say 110 €
December 3, 2010 3:22:08 PM

^ post edited ^
well where'ya living?
110.00 EUR converted = ~148 USD

you think where you are is complicated ? I live in Bangladesh and post answers and prices from my end...i even order on uk sites :)  well technically me, i have a relative there to do it for me :D 
December 3, 2010 3:27:09 PM

Anyways, I'll check the omega out, think that the HD is yet not available and would probably be an overkill tho. Thanks
December 3, 2010 3:29:17 PM

the titanium HD is available on amazon.co.uk
December 3, 2010 3:40:39 PM

Lutfij said:
^ post edited ^
well where'ya living?
110.00 EUR converted = ~148 USD

you think where you are is complicated ? I live in Bangladesh and post answers and prices from my end...i even order on uk sites :)  well technically me, i have a relative there to do it for me :D 

Well, not quite the case here so :D  I'll be sticking with available cards here unfortunately.
December 3, 2010 3:54:41 PM

:| ok...any recommendations i can give you ?
December 3, 2010 4:06:22 PM

If for gaming, I would probably go for creative. But in that case, I would probably not be using all those gaming features as they just mess up the in-game sound in general, at least for the game I'm playing. Sennheiser's are doing the job quite well :D  So I might as well go for an regular audio sound card. Something like E-MU
December 3, 2010 6:36:38 PM

if u want the full benifit of a soundcard stick with xp :D 
December 3, 2010 9:29:36 PM

Interesting

@MEgamer: probably :D  although I'm hoping it will work on Win 7 32-bit ;)  we'll see

Only alternative would be an audio card, thinking of going with the mainstream on this one :D  It should do the job I guess.
!