Sign in with
Your question

Gaming computer

Last response: in Systems
September 9, 2010 7:39:43 PM

Hi there, I'm in the market for a decent gaming computer and I need some advice. My ideal price is between $500 - 700, but I may be willing to spend up to $1000 if it will be worth it. Currently I'm only playing WoW and would like it to run smoothly on the new system. Starcraft 2 looks really fun, so it would be nice if I could run something like that, but I understand there's a big difference in what I'll need to run the newer games as opposed to WoW and it may be too far out of my budget right now. I would prefer a prebuilt system, but I am not totally opposed to bulding my own, I just don't have any experience doing that and I don't know how hard/time-consuming it is. I don't really need a new monitor, but my current one is getting a little old so it might be nice to get a new one if the price is right. So if anyone could help me out it would be really appreciated whether you can show me the perfect system or just point me in the right direction, thanks!

More about : gaming computer

a b 4 Gaming
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2010 7:43:08 PM

I'll say that the majority of people here in this forum will encourage you to purchase parts and put it together yourself. It really isn't very hard, and in teh $500-700 range, you can get a 3 or 4 core processor, (maybe a 6 if the deals are really good!), 4 GB of DDR3 Ram, and a video card from a HD5770 up to a HD5870, with Nvidia GTX 460 and 470 as additional options.
m
l
!