Audio problem p5b delux

shaho

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hello,
I have problem wtih my on board sound card it has been installed correctly when refer to device manager all the drivers has been installed but my sound max software alarm when the system start the windows and say there is no hardware and quit. when I install the latest version it says problem and want me to reboot my system and it shown again. when I play a music the software for example KMplayer hangs. I changed the bois to from hd to ac97, but there is problem exist. please help ( excuse me my english is not very well!)

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
It is very important that your BIOS setting is correct. If you have the wrong setting, then the front panel sound connector can be interfering with the sound.

Try unplugging the front panel sound connector, and boot the system again. That way you know it's not the problem. Plug your headphones or speakers into the back panel. See if you can get the sound working properly that way.

Do you know which case you are using? If you look in the case manual you should be able to discover whether the front panel connector is AC97 or HD Audio (or even has a choice) - that way you'll know which setting to use in the BIOS.

shaho

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
thanks for your quick reply, but I unplugged the front panel earlier, and there was no sound in ac97 or hd, do you think my onboard hardware has problem? my node32 is update and there is no viruse! I unplaged the case speaker, in the device manager all things is normal,but the system can not play any sound and report the sound card may be in use