HAF 932 fan installation on Gigabyte UDR3 board

aarondavidsdad

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
First time build. I have a Gigabyte UDR3 motherboard with multiple fan connections. The Cooler Master HAF 932 case has 4 fans: top, back, side, and front. Does it matter which motherboard fan slots I connect the case fans to? For instance, can I connect the back fan to the northbridge fan slot on the motherboard? Thanks for answering.

The most important one is the CPU heatsink fan to the CPU_fan header. If this is not done, the system won't run.

The sys_fan header controls the fan connected to it by sensing the system temperature.
Then there is the cha_fan (chassis fan) - for controlling the temp inside the case.

The header names may be different, but when fans are connected to these headers, the motherboard controls the fan RPMs as needed.

It is desirable to connect the case rear fan directly to the 4-pin Molex connector so that the fan runs at max speed - but this is a personal choice if your temps are ok.

The HAF 932 has 6 front bays - buy a 5 1/2" fan controller such as http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999220&cm_re=fan_controllers-_-11-999-220-_-Product

There are also some touch screen fan controllers.

Install one of these and have fun!