Server Admin Question

Barry

Greetings All!

I've been attempting to run a UT99 server for the last hour or so, but I
can only get it to show up in the LAN Server tab list. I have checked
Advertise Server and UNchecked Optimize for LAN.

I'm sure this is something simple that I've forgotten over the years
either in Advanced Options or my D-Link Router, but I can't figure it
out. Tried a few hints from the Admin Page, but no dice.

If any of the UGUTers could steer me in the right direction, I'd
appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!!

-Barry

Barry wrote:
> Greetings All!
>
> I've been attempting to run a UT99 server for the last hour or so, but I
> can only get it to show up in the LAN Server tab list. I have checked
> Advertise Server and UNchecked Optimize for LAN.
>
> I'm sure this is something simple that I've forgotten over the years
> either in Advanced Options or my D-Link Router, but I can't figure it
> out. Tried a few hints from the Admin Page, but no dice.
>
> If any of the UGUTers could steer me in the right direction, I'd
> appreciate it!
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Forward ports 7777-7781 (or so) and 27900 (I think) to the server in
your router setup.

<http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm> says 7777-7783,8080,27900 tcp
/and/ udp. 8080 is for web admin access outside your lan, I think.

--
{AGUT}DeadMan
loyalty above all, save honor