Add a new "rtf" in the file folder

Hi, All:

As title. In file folder, how can I add more file types in "new" popup
manu? There seems only 8 possible file types I can create with the
popup manu? What I want is a "rtf" file format. What Can I do?

Rick

Thanks. Finally, I use TweakUI to get this job done.

Follow the instructions here for HTML, substituting rtf.

Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries)
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1121616112.973844.99000@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
gouqizi.lvcha@gmail.com <gouqizi.lvcha@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1121616229.071784.327520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
gouqizi.lvcha@gmail.com <gouqizi.lvcha@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi, All:
>
> As title. In file folder, how can I add more file types in "new" popup
> manu? There seems only 8 possible file types I can create with the
> popup manu? What I want is a "rtf" file format. What Can I do?
>
> Rick

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> As title. In file folder, how can I add more file types in
> "new" popup
> manu? There seems only 8 possible file types I can create with
> the
> popup manu? What I want is a "rtf" file format. What Can I do?
>
> Rick

i can show you where the entriws are for the new menu, trouble is
there all binary entries, and i am unsure as t how to add a new entrie
properly. They are located here in the registary:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerD
iscardablePostSetupShellNew

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Add-rtf-file-folder-ftopict397037.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1309634