I Require Build Assistance

I just put this build together. I plan on buying it tomorrow but want to run it by this forum first.
Basically I want to know if there is anything I should cut back on our add. Is my power supply ok? Should I add more cooling or go with different cooling options? Am I not going to get the full power out of a device because of lack of another device? etc.
Thanks for your help.

* Case: CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage
* Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
* CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+90]
* Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
* Motherboard: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset support DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GBLAN, Support 6-core CPU, CPU Auto Unlocker, USB3.0, SATA-III, ON/OFF Charge for IPod, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
* Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
* Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+50] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
* Power Supply Upgrade: 600 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+4]
* Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
* Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
* Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
* Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
* USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

$858 (with windows 7/ no accessories/free shipping)

Also talk to me about brands. Should I get a certain brand name product for some items? I'm working in a tight budget so if the non brand name stuff gets the job done that's all I care about.
6 answers Last reply
More about require build assistance
  1. If I upgrade to a corsair power supply I'll have to cut back on the cpu and gpu. Is the power supply upgrade worth the loss? (the corsair psu will cost an extra $73) What are some of the negative effects of a sub-par psu?
  2. ^ YES! NEVER skimp on the PSU. If the PSU dies, you risk some of your other hardware dying with it. It's not worth the risk.

PS: Have you considered DIY?
  3. I have considered it... I'm not sure though. It would be my first time and it doesn't appear that I'd save a whole lot and I don't want to screw something up. I keep hearing that's the way to go though... give me your pitch on why I should go DIY and maybe some links to guides. I appreciate the help.
  4. 1. The cost is more or less the same. I'm pretty sure you can put together a very similar build for $600-750 easily.

2. You get to pick EXACTLY what you want. Nothing more, nothing less.

3. You can pick top quality parts. (ie this XFX: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207007&cm_re=xfx_650w-_-17-207-007-_-Product
    is similar/better than the Corsair 650TX and is cheaper after MIR,etc).

4. Once you gain the knowledge, it's yours to keep.
  5. Sounds like it could be an interesting experience too. What the hell, I'll give it a shot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Systems Product