I just put this build together. I plan on buying it tomorrow but want to run it by this forum first.
Basically I want to know if there is anything I should cut back on our add. Is my power supply ok? Should I add more cooling or go with different cooling options? Am I not going to get the full power out of a device because of lack of another device? etc.
Thanks for your help.
* Case: CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage
* Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
* CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+90]
* Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
* Motherboard: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset support DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GBLAN, Support 6-core CPU, CPU Auto Unlocker, USB3.0, SATA-III, ON/OFF Charge for IPod, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
* Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
* Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+50] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
* Power Supply Upgrade: 600 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+4]
* Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
* Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
* Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
* Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
* USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
$858 (with windows 7/ no accessories/free shipping)
Also talk to me about brands. Should I get a certain brand name product for some items? I'm working in a tight budget so if the non brand name stuff gets the job done that's all I care about.
If I upgrade to a corsair power supply I'll have to cut back on the cpu and gpu. Is the power supply upgrade worth the loss? (the corsair psu will cost an extra $73) What are some of the negative effects of a sub-par psu?
I have considered it... I'm not sure though. It would be my first time and it doesn't appear that I'd save a whole lot and I don't want to screw something up. I keep hearing that's the way to go though... give me your pitch on why I should go DIY and maybe some links to guides. I appreciate the help.