question about drow equipment

first off, i should ask a basic question: can you sell drow equipment?

if so, i was wondering if you could put it in a bag of holding, and then
take it to a store somewhere in athkatla and sell it, or does that
still count as being out in the sunlight?
4 answers Last reply
More about question drow equipment
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > first off, i should ask a basic question: can you sell drow equipment?
    >
    > if so, i was wondering if you could put it in a bag of holding, and then
    > take it to a store somewhere in athkatla and sell it, or does that
    > still count as being out in the sunlight?

    RCV: Even in a bag of holding it will turn to dust once you leave the
    underdark.... BUT there are places to sell it in the Drow areas. Most of it
    is no great prize though, in terms of GPs gained.....

    Rich
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Rich C. Velay wrote:

    > RCV: Even in a bag of holding it will turn to dust once you leave the
    > underdark.... BUT there are places to sell it in the Drow areas.
    Most of it
    > is no great prize though, in terms of GPs gained.....

    Darn, I thought maybe it'd be worth something since it's somewhat rare
    and useless outside the Underdark.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:
    > Rich C. Velay wrote:
    >
    > > RCV: Even in a bag of holding it will turn to dust once you leave
    > the
    > > underdark.... BUT there are places to sell it in the Drow areas. Most
    > of it
    > > is no great prize though, in terms of GPs gained.....
    >
    > Darn, I thought maybe it'd be worth something since it's somewhat rare
    > and useless outside the Underdark.

    Examine that sentence.

    "I thought maybe it'd be worth something since it's...useless outside
    the Underdark." People don't pay for useless.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > > RCV: Even in a bag of holding it will turn to dust once you leave
    the
    > > underdark.... BUT there are places to sell it in the Drow areas.
    > Most of it
    > > is no great prize though, in terms of GPs gained.....

    But there's a trick to keep the drow items... at least it is in the official
    game with all the patches.

    The item disappearance happens when you meet Drizzt... if you put the drow
    equippments in a bag of holding, then quickly pause when the Drizzt scene
    starts, you can put the drow items on floor and pick them up later.

    Kinda like the "keep all items from BG1" trick.

    IIRC a later official patch adds another check-point for drow items... but I
    forgot where it is.

    Do a Google Groups search on this group and you'll find those old threads...

Games Basic Video Games