Compaq X1000 vs V2000 vs emachines laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 22, 2004 5:57:40 PM

Hello,

Lately, I have seen great reviews here in this forum about emachine laptops.

I have not researched emachine much. My needs would be served by X1000 or
V2000. The price is around $1200. X1000 is about $125 more than V2000.

I like V2000 but concerned about the Intel extreme graphice (I think it is
shared memory). Although X1000 have larger screen, I'm happy with 14".

Does anyone know if these machines come with Serial/parallel ports?

Which is better X1000 or V2000? Any experiences?

Would eMachine would have much cheaper model with similar specs?

I chose Compaq because, it allows me to customize at reasonable price.

Thank you.
December 23, 2004 12:23:00 AM

There's a very good review/comparison, along with pictures over at
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2077&r...
Definitely worth a look.

!