Sign in with
Your question

Help installed new motherboard and now there is boot issues

Last response: in Motherboards
July 29, 2011 5:40:36 PM

so i recently bought a new motherboard (msi 870u-g55) and now im having issues everytime i try to startup my pc. everytime i turn it on it just shows a black screen on the monitor and goes no where. so i found that if i unplug the power supply and hold the power button for 30 sec, and then plug the power supply unit back in and turn it on it everything works fine but yet when i shut it down or reset it, it leads me back to the beginning where i get that black screen help what can i do everything worked fine with my old motherboard and now i have this :( 

my specs
cpu: amd phenom II x6 1100t
motherboard: msi 870u-g55
graphics: radeon hd 6870
ram: 4GB 1333MHz
psu: RX-630SS (630 watts)
July 29, 2011 5:54:35 PM

stevo189 said:
so i recently bought a new motherboard (msi 870u-g55) and now im having issues everytime i try to startup my pc. everytime i turn it on it just shows a black screen on the monitor and goes no where. so i found that if i unplug the power supply and hold the power button for 30 sec, and then plug the power supply unit back in and turn it on it everything works fine but yet when i shut it down or reset it, it leads me back to the beginning where i get that black screen help what can i do everything worked fine with my old motherboard and now i have this :( 

my specs
cpu: amd phenom II x6 1100t
motherboard: msi 870u-g55
graphics: radeon hd 6870
ram: 4GB 1333MHz
psu: RX-630SS (630 watts)

Sounds like your Power Good signal isn't getting to the motherboard whenever you try to boot and it's not kicking on. If possible, I would test the unit with another PSU or get a PSU tester for the RX-630SS to see if all wires are good.

m
l
July 29, 2011 6:09:36 PM

ive tested the psu already and thats good.
extra detail: when i turn the pc on the fans spin and everything is running well just no signal
m
l
August 8, 2011 2:15:55 PM

figured it out it I accidentally removed the cmos jumper and have now put it back. so everything works as it should now
m
l
Related resources
!