Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezes

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 3, 2010 8:41:28 PM

my old 8800 died on me so i upgraded to a 5770HD 1gb. Ever since i got it when i start to play a game.. i can play for maybe... 5 mins.. and the computer completely freezes. Not just windows... everything. Can't do task manager... nothing.

I have the latest drivers... I was having a problem with i would launch a game and then the game window would completely disappear but that was due to something that was with the drivers "Asus gamerOSD" I uninstalled that and now the games launch but they freeze.

Any ideas?

thanks.

More about : computer freezes

August 3, 2010 8:56:14 PM

I checked the temperatures... Counterstrike Source runs about 60c and Battlefield 2 Bad company runs about 79c
August 3, 2010 9:02:08 PM

Maybe your pc can't hold this temperatures and it shuts down or freeze to protect the pc from further heat or your fan dosen't work perfectly...
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2010 9:03:45 PM

derik123derik123 said:
my old 8800 died on me so i upgraded to a 5770HD 1gb. Ever since i got it when i start to play a game.. i can play for maybe... 5 mins.. and the computer completely freezes. Not just windows... everything. Can't do task manager... nothing.

I have the latest drivers... I was having a problem with i would launch a game and then the game window would completely disappear but that was due to something that was with the drivers "Asus gamerOSD" I uninstalled that and now the games launch but they freeze.

Any ideas?

thanks.

what size/brand is your psu?
August 3, 2010 9:11:18 PM

I have a Intel core 2 Quad cpu 16600 @ 2.40GHz cpu
and my psu is a
Rocketfish 700 W
August 4, 2010 1:11:39 AM

Does your computer just stay frozen/hung or does it go black after a while? I believe either your card isn't getting enough voltage or its another case of ATI's power play function not working properly.
August 4, 2010 5:57:59 AM

karma831 said:
Does your computer just stay frozen/hung or does it go black after a while? I believe either your card isn't getting enough voltage or its another case of ATI's power play function not working properly.

What ever it was displaying stays there and whatever sound was playing when it froze keeps repeating.
!