When will we see prices on 1155 mainboards

Ripthruster

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
I'm taking the advice of many of you here to wait until Sandy drops before doing my CPU/Mobo/Ram upgrade. If the launch of the new Cpu's is Jan 9th...will there be a selection of mainboards already available or is it going to be just 1 or 2 really pricy ones?
Also, I'm reading that the new 1155 socket will have some performance advantages over 1156 or the other current Intel I7 boards (1366?) besides just a longevity advantage being that 1156 is being retired.
That being so...is it going to be foolish to pick up an I7-875 or I5-750 when their prices drop?

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Only the K series CPUs will be overclockable so it's really up to you.... however, if you want your PC to last longer then get the newest parts because there will definitely be more support for them in terms of motherboards, memory etc.

hogan773

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
I believe I read somewhere that Asus (or maybe it was Gigabyte but I think it was Asus) is readying SEVENTEEN iterations of the LGA1155 Sandybridge motherboards......

so my guess is there will be plenty of options available pretty quickly. No mobo mfr wants to be left out.

hogan773

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

Wow get in my brain why don't you :D

I was JUST thinking the exact same thing.....haven't seen any indication on the H67 mobo pricing, and I'd say 90% of the "press" on the SB mobos has been talking about the P67 ones. A few tag ends mention "oh yeah there will also be these H67 mobos, end of story" and that's it. Which I find curious given that one of the primary new things about SB is the integrated graphics, and is one way I'm hopeful that SB will make for a greater overall price/performance value for me (I am not a gamer).

So yeah, if the integrated graphics equals a $50 video card, then the mobo better not be more expensive than the P67 versions.

I am hoping that the P67 versions are more targeted at the performance enthusiast anyway so hopefully the H67s will be the "value" boards and will be priced the same or lower. Cross your fingers.

Ripthruster

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
That's good. I see now there are a number of boards poised to come out on the 1155 socket. Even if they are a bit expensive, I have nothing to lose by waiting and seeing.
I'll admit it's hard though. I have the upgrade bug in me and a micro center nearby and I think they're offering I7-875's and 950's a super cheap deals. I guess you could say I'm trying to find an excuse to not wait but there is really none.

hogan773

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

This appears to me to be the basic premise of a lot of recent posts.

We have truly become an instant gratification society! (I too am guilty of this at times)

halfcalf

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010

I did get into your brain but I had to jump out right away because I kept getting stuck in all those images of bondage dominatrixes. :pt1cable:

What I really want is a fully featured 4 RAM slot USB 3.0 H67 mobo. I sure hope that somebody ends up making one!

hogan773

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

I'm sure they will. Actually I think I've already seen one in the various links I've been searching. USB 3.0 will be a given as will 4 RAM slot. Not sure what you mean by "fully featured" - that could mean different things to different people.