How Is The Motherboard and CPU for this Build?

Budget is $580, but I can burst up to $700. (Cannot use Amazon/NewEgg discounts.) I have already picked my graphics card, CPU, HD, monitor, RAM and PSU already, but need suggestions on a good motherboard for this build.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz // $97
RAM: Kingston DDR3 2GB // $43
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5770 1GB // $163
Motherboard:
Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-550VXCN 550W // $66

Case: NZXT M59 // $60
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Black 500GB // $68

Monitor: SAMSUNG E1920NW 19 // $133
DVD Burner: Pioneer 22X SATA DVD DVR-218VXL // $28

The other parts of the computer are already taking the lion's share of the money for the parts and I'm looking for a ~$90 motherboard that would be good for this build. I don't envision I need Crossfire, but having it is nice. eSATA is needed too.
5 answers Last reply
More about motherboard build
  1. Will you want to use more than one video card at some point?

Look for shell shock deals and good brands like ASUS or Gigabyte.
  2. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to take advantage of shell shock deals online as I do not live in US right now.

I might not plan to use another video card-After considering it for a while, I think a single 5770 1GB will be good enough for me.

Are there any specific motherboards that would be good for this build?
  3. you could use an X3 440 at ~$75, and should be able find HD5770s as low as $135.

with the ~60 in savings, you could step up to 4 GB of DDR3 for ~$80.

for a motherboard, a 770 with DDR3, 785G with DDR3,or 880G should be fine
    what country are you in?
  4. I'm in South-East Asia for the time being. Might be moving back to Europe in a few years, but for now, I'm stuck here.

Isn't X3 440 only 4 cores? For the HD5770, that's how much they sell it here. I will step it up to a 4GB RAM in the future, but for now I will use 2GB to increase the amount of money I have left in the budget for the motherboard.

Are there any specific motherboards I could use for the build? Any particular good ones?
  5. the x3 is 3 cores, and what do you mean only 4 cores? your cpu that you are planning to get has 4 cores.... the x3 445 is not a bad option, as for the hdd you are getting i would rather get a samsung spinpoint f3
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt CPUs Motherboards Systems