Sign in with
Your question

Can not read HDD

Last response: in Storage
December 20, 2012 4:01:47 AM

Hello,
I had a Buffalo NAS Drive with 2 HDD mirrored. The electronic part of the NAS drive died and now I am trying to read data from one of the HDD. The issue that I encounter, is that the HDD is seen in computer management but not in My Computer. In Computer management I can not assign letters to drive. Any idea ?

More about : read hdd

a b G Storage
December 20, 2012 12:05:48 PM

Buffalo uses and Linux base OS so it is more than likely using Linux file system as well. ext[34] are the most common file systems used (mostly ext4 these days). You could fire up one of the popular Linux live OS and copy the data off the drive. If you have an aversion for Linux, then find a friend of a friend of a friend (you get the idea) with a Linux system and ask them for assistance.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 20, 2012 12:54:08 PM

Use these instructions to make a "live" usb and boot from it. Then copy your files to your local hard drive as nothing said...

http://www.****/id/How-to-make-your-own-Ubuntu-LiveUSB/
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2012 11:33:25 PM

Nothing_But_NAS said:
Buffalo uses and Linux base OS so it is more than likely using Linux file system as well. ext[34] are the most common file systems used (mostly ext4 these days). You could fire up one of the popular Linux live OS and copy the data off the drive. If you have an aversion for Linux, then find a friend of a friend of a friend (you get the idea) with a Linux system and ask them for assistance.

Hi,
Thanks for reply. I tried with an Ubuntu machine, but still the drive is not seen.
m
l
December 29, 2012 11:34:00 PM

zdbc13 said:
Use these instructions to make a "live" usb and boot from it. Then copy your files to your local hard drive as nothing said...

http://www.****/id/How-to-make-your-own-Ubuntu-LiveUSB/

Hi
Thanks for reply.
seems that the lin is not working ...
m
l
!