Sign in with
Your question

Replace y hd 5870 with gtx 295

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2010 3:56:19 AM

hi guys
i find a deal with friend and he asked if we could exchange our video cards he have gtx 295 and i have hd 5870 and do you think gtx 295 will be better than mine
please help me guys
thanks

More about : replace 5870 gtx 295

August 4, 2010 4:10:23 AM

Hells no. Direct X 11 dude. Keep your card.
August 4, 2010 4:15:07 AM

Strange "friends" you have...

Like hooray4boobies said: "Hells no"...almost forgot punch your "friend" in the face next time you see him!!!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2010 5:39:40 AM

The GTX 295 will have no DX11.The 5870 performs similarly to a GTX 295, but the GTX 295 draws more power.So why would you listen to your friend?
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2010 7:37:34 AM

I'm a huge nvidia fan, and i would take the GTX 295 by far..... but..... and there is a huge but.... your ATI card is better than the GTX 295, with Direct x11 and better performances...

keep your card, and question your friends motives, because he probably thinks you're a loser that knows nothing.... but, you have FRIENDS (helpful friends) on Tom's hardware that will give you accurate info!

good thing you consulted us before making a huge mistake!!
August 4, 2010 9:56:38 AM

will mates i dont know how to thank you friends but really i appreciate it you stoped me from doing such bad mistake
thankssssss
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2010 10:41:03 AM

Lol wut a tricky friend you got there XD
You should get another 5870, Crossfire then do a major oc. 3DMark Vantage, then say SUCK IT!
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2010 11:47:05 AM

or run Unigine heaven Tess benchie. and say "oh wait, you cant run that? oh what a shame..."
August 4, 2010 12:39:23 PM

ROFLMAO @ welshmousepk
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2010 12:43:59 PM

@ welshmousepk : true, but I don't think we should start talking about 3D now should we? What about future Fermi?

but Ati wins this round between the 5870 and the GTX 295... no doubt!
August 5, 2010 1:01:13 AM

Dane Bouwer said:
@ welshmousepk : true, but I don't think we should start talking about 3D now should we? What about future Fermi?

hahahaha true but this thread is not gpu wars anyway i have made my dessision thanks to tom's mates i will keep my card
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 2:10:01 AM

Dane Bouwer said:

although we are now continuing a derailed topic, im still up for the conversation;

i have to say, i think 3d is a horrible gimmick. i really dislike it (recently got to try out both Nv 2d vision and the PS3 3d firmware, and i hated both). it jsut dfoesn't add anything to the experience, and i felt better going back to good old flat panel image afterward.

not that its anything against Nv, as i will no doubt say the same about ATIs implementation when it hits.

as for future fermi, yeah i'm pretty excited. i was not expecting much from the original fermi (gf100), and those low expectations were met. gf100 was very underwhelming and for me, simply did not outpace ATIs 5 series.

the new gf104 arch really excites me though. the GTX460 is an excellent card, and if we get some newer high-end GPUs based around it then NV could truly be back on form. but by that time southern islands will most likely be here, so it could go either way. I'm looking forward to another good GPU war.

anyways, sorry to derail your thread OP. i just cant resist a good debate ;) 
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 6:47:03 AM

welshmousepk said:
although we are now continuing a derailed topic, im still up for the conversation;

i have to say, i think 3d is a horrible gimmick. i really dislike it (recently got to try out both Nv 2d vision and the PS3 3d firmware, and i hated both). it jsut dfoesn't add anything to the experience, and i felt better going back to good old flat panel image afterward.

not that its anything against Nv, as i will no doubt say the same about ATIs implementation when it hits.

as for future fermi, yeah i'm pretty excited. i was not expecting much from the original fermi (gf100), and those low expectations were met. gf100 was very underwhelming and for me, simply did not outpace ATIs 5 series.

the new gf104 arch really excites me though. the GTX460 is an excellent card, and if we get some newer high-end GPUs based around it then NV could truly be back on form. but by that time southern islands will most likely be here, so it could go either way. I'm looking forward to another good GPU war.

anyways, sorry to derail your thread OP. i just cant resist a good debate ;) 

its a pity you disliked the 3D technology Nvidia offers, because I've had no less than great experiences on a triple display (32" x 3) running with 3 GTX 480 ... don't worry it wasn't my rig, but I thoroughly enjoyed the visuals... what a great experience!

I agree totally with you with the original fermi (gf100), but can't wait for future mind blowing options Nvidia has to offer (with all respects to Ati, I think they too have a lot to offer!)

maybe in the future you and I can enjoy a good debate!

and,yeah, my bad for derailing myself!
!