What Graphics Card Should I Get?

I have a 5770 and it think its crap. I want to be able to play games like Killing floor, FarCry 2, WoW, Diablo 3, GTA 4, games like this on max and be play able. i runn 1440X idk or less in all games what should i get. as i said i think the 5770's are crap
15 answers Last reply
More about what graphics card
  1. it may not be the ATI 5770 and if you run at 1440x900 then I doubt its the video card.

can you post the rest of your system? cpu, ram, etc.,
  2. 9850 black edition over clocked to 2.9 stable. 4gb of some wintec, water cooled, 550watt bfg Psu, win 7 his 5770.
  3. any ideas here
  4. the first phenom are not great CPUs but still with the 9850 and ATI 5770, you should have no issues in WoW & Far Cry2 @ 1440x900.
  5. Im talking max phys and max aa and such what card will dominate them
  6. If you must...MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC.

I'd spend the money on a better/bigger monitor. If you're determined to get a new GPU - and yes I agree the 5770 is crap - MSI 460 CYCLONE is the way to go (if you can actually find one in stock).
  7. i have a nice 22 inch dell 2ms and such i dont need a bigger monitor i have a 83 inch tv whats the point of having a huge monitor. but isnt a 5850 better then the 460s
  8. well then I would look into both a gpu and cpu upgrade then. a GTX 460 768mb will max out anything at 1440x900 (not named Crysis).
  9. Sorry, my bad. Thought you had a crappy monitor since you're playing at 1440x900...
  10. cpu upgrade why are you a intel pawn? there is nothing wrong with the phenoms.
  11. You also avoided my question the 5850 in all test is bette then the 460 is it not.. Radeon seems to be better right now.
  12. Hey chump, if you think that your current card is crap I'll be happy to take it off your hands. :heink:
  13. Settings: Demo(Ranch Small), 1152x864 (75Hz), D3D10, Fixed Time Step(No), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(8x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Ultra High), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Ultra High), Terrain(Ultra High), Geometry(Ultra High), Post FX(High), Texture(Ultra High), Shadow(Ultra High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(Yes), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)

Average Framerate: 49.08
    Max. Framerate: 72.37
    Min. Framerate: 35.02

this ok?
  14. Since you have a Phenom, those benchmarks are OK.Far Cry 2 does not like AMD CPUs at all.
  15. cia24 said:
    cpu upgrade why are you a intel pawn? there is nothing wrong with the phenoms.

actually I have a Phenom II, before that an athlon II, before that an athlon x2, before that an athlon XP, so yes I am an Intel pawn. The original phenom's where not good quad core CPUs.

* yes the ATI 5850 is better then the GTX460 768. if you think that is what's keeping you from playing at 1440x900 by all means I think you should get two and run them CF.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games World Of Warcraft Graphics