Sign in with
Your question

Push/Pull

Last response: in Components
December 2, 2010 9:29:15 PM

Hi..

I'm planning to attach a secondary fan to my heatsink and as i try to look for the best fan that i will be putting, it seems that i can't really find a secondary fan identical to the primary fan (in terms of speed, etc.) i bought along with the cooler. The only available fan on our area seems to be slower..

My question is.. is it just ok that the pull fan is slower than the push fan? Or what seems to be the proper way of putting it? Does it really have to run at identical speed?

Thanks..

More about : push pull

a b ) Power supply
December 2, 2010 10:11:06 PM

My question is "why" do you need it. If your temps stay below 80c, one fan should be enough. A second fan won't permit you to overclock faster, and just add more noise. What model is your heatsink?
m
l
December 3, 2010 8:35:55 AM

Oh.. I see..

My heatsink is Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus..
m
l
Related resources
December 3, 2010 9:00:57 AM

You won't see much of a difference with this setup. Don't expect to overclock higher if you are already at limits.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 3, 2010 10:22:37 AM

micros2010 said:
Oh.. I see..

My heatsink is Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus..

Adding a 2nd fan to my Cooler Master Hyper 212+ only increased the cooling performance by 1c, and that was with a pair of 110cfm fans, so it's really not necessary, if it was a 5c improvement I'd say absolutely go for it but for 1c or possibly less, it's really not worth it.
m
l
December 4, 2010 8:15:20 AM

Ok.. Tnx for the advice. Now i know i won't be needing to spend extra money for a 2nd fan.. :) 
m
l
!