Windows wont format

G

right ok so on from this it seems my wd3200budt HD is fine. I received the usb enclosure case this morning,altho it wont wotk on my vista sp2 laptop,it will connect on a windows 7 laptop.

Problem i have now is, Windows cant format it? it (drive E) shows up in My Computer,when right clicked it says 0 bites used and 0 bites free? but the blue 3d circle is full. Upon entering device manager,1 partition oe is 40gb (something like that) and the other remaining space is 290gb? i cant format it there either. Altho it shows as Healthy (active),it wont format.

i have tried that Recuva program but when i select drive E it says its not connected?
When i use iCare,it picks up the drive on partiton only (not on deep scan) but shows nothing in it but a folder saying RAW ad 0kb's selected.

what do i do?

Help apreciated

Thanks

G

tried that wont do anythin. Itll show up on the bottom column with drive c: but i cant click aything to test it.

i cant format it,i says unable to start,i cant delete the volume,i cant do anythin with it and its frustrating me now

G

also i downloaded i Care and when it scanned for a partition it found my external drive E so then i clicked it and it showd up as RAW folder and there was nothin in it. 0 bites selected,so i couldnt do anythin with it.
I tried deep scan,wouldnt show up in that.

Is my harddrive actually ok,is it actually empty as it shows when right clicked?
if that is the case then it seems i have lost all my files as i have tried 2 different recover programs and drive E is unselectable as its not found

any other help apreciated.

G

also i downloaded i Care and when it scanned for a partition it found my external drive E so then i clicked it and it showd up as RAW folder and there was nothin in it. 0 bites selected,so i couldnt do anythin with it.
I tried deep scan,wouldnt show up in that.

Is my harddrive actually ok,is it actually empty as it shows when right clicked?
if that is the case then it seems i have lost all my files as i have tried 2 different recover programs and drive E is unselectable as its not found

any other help apreciated.