UT 99 for Linux.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can download the Linux version of the UT 99
client, I have the full GOTY version for windows, but would like to play in
Linux. I did a google search and found the loki page for the Linux port,
but the download link leads to a connection refused page.

Cheers,

Phill.
2 answers Last reply
More about linux

    Prime wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where I can download the Linux version of the UT 99
    > client, I have the full GOTY version for windows, but would like to play in
    > Linux. I did a google search and found the loki page for the Linux port,
    > but the download link leads to a connection refused page.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Phill.

    Hi Phill,

    Once more into the breech, as it were.

    From memory (and spotty at that).

    You don't need a linux version of UT, you need the linux installer.
    Trouble is there are two versions of the installer, one for the
    original UT one for the GOTY and Totally Unreal issue. If
    you use the wrong installer your main problem will be manual
    decompressing of most of the map files...until you go online. I never
    got an installation to work with Pure and the other anti-cheat measures
    unless I used the proper installer. Again, if all your maps decompress,
    you've used the proper installer.

    Now that you know more than you ever wanted, where can you get it?

    Well you're in luck. I've got the file you need and I'll post it shortly
    to alt.binaries.games.unreal. All I need is your credit card
    number...sorry, bad joke at this time in the morning. Hold on.

    Ok, it's posted as "UT Linux installer for GOTY edition".

    Read the README.txt file

    HTH

    --
    {AGUT}DeadMan
    loyalty above all, save honor

    Hi!
    Prime pinnte hier in alt.games.unreal.tournament folgende Message:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where I can download the Linux version of the UT 99
    > client, I have the full GOTY version for windows, but would like to play
    > in Linux. I did a google search and found the loki page for the Linux
    > port, but the download link leads to a connection refused page.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Phill.
    Try http://www.liflg.org to get the right Installer for your UT99, both
    installers are in the download-area there....
    cya,
    Tom
    --
    Die nichtkommerzielle Community für alles und jeden:
    http://www.mehlbox-system.de

Download Google Search Linux Video Games