[Help!] New Build Boot Up Issue

seh_37

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
When I boot up my new build I get this message ''Reboot and Select the Proper Boot device or insert Boot Media'' why is this happening and how do I fix it? I have a 128 gb SSD and a 1 TB HDD connected to my mother board and my BIOS reading the both of them. I just don't know why its giving me this message on startup. Brand new build, new hard drives etc. Any comments please let me know

Thanks,
Sam

Solution
For installing the OS, you have to go into the BIOS and change the first boot device to CD\DVD so it can start the installation. If your installing to the SSD, make sure your SATA controller is set to AHCI. When Windows asks you to select a drive, you might have to load the AHCI drivers for it to find the SSD.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
For installing the OS, you have to go into the BIOS and change the first boot device to CD\DVD so it can start the installation. If your installing to the SSD, make sure your SATA controller is set to AHCI. When Windows asks you to select a drive, you might have to load the AHCI drivers for it to find the SSD.

Solution