perpity

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Old System: i7 930- Bloomsfield, 3x2GB Corsair Dom, 750Wv2 Corsair PSU, Corsair H50 heatsink, PNY Geforce GTX 470, HAF X case

Freshly installed: EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR

I had some problems with my initial boot-up (old PSU was shorting out my board), but I eventually got it working. Went in, installed all my motherboard drivers (both from the CD and updated from EVGA's website), installed all my Windows updates (running Win 7 64 bit Professional- trial account), and installed my drivers for my video card.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hear any sound. I checked both my front and rear audio ports with 2 different sets of speakers and a pair of headphones. I went to try the old restart and still no go.

I then reinstalled my audio drivers, and got no luck. EVGA forums has suggested I try it on another OS. However, my vista 64 bit is on an old HD that is pretty much failing (drivers won't connect to the internet, and it was originally in an HP computer bought at Sams).

What should I do? If it changes anything, I left my 1394 and front USB unplugged.

Lutfij

Titan
the no audio scenario cab come because of;
1| failing device
2| there is a faulty part thas causing the aduio device to fail (i experienced it on my IBM machine, the audio would, sometimes be audible while most times the audio would be dead or only on one channel - the audio device was the issue, not the driver)
3| drivers can be an issue
4| during OS setup, due to a bad ODD or corrupt installer, the drivers might not be recognized.

why are you using a trial acc?

5| the firewire and usb ports don't come into question cos of this.
6| see if this helps