Sign in with
Your question

M2n68 am plus wont boo

Last response: in Motherboards
July 30, 2011 10:52:38 PM

I just set up my old m2n68 in my parents old case. He cases power button connector doesn't fit on the board. but the board should power on when the psych is turned on right? my problem is I have a blinking green mobo light and it won't boot, the case fans are on but not the psu fan. the CPU fan twitched like its trying to come on. any ideas?

More about : m2n68 wont boo

a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2011 6:36:01 PM

most motherboard power on connectors need just a momentary switch/ contact closure to turn the power supply/motherboard on... so by getting those 2 motherboard pins to connect momentary will get boot up going... pretty simple... but i'm not going to tell you how to due that...LOL.. or what kind of Tool you could use... LOL... But i will tell this, you need to get a case switch wired to the motherboard power pins... that will get ya going : )
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2011 6:36:53 PM

what is a psych?

On most motherboards if the power switch is not connected you will need to manually short the power leads with a screwdriver to make it turn on. You only have to make this connection momentarily.
m
l
Related resources
August 7, 2011 12:40:04 AM

Sorry posted this from my phone, i don't recall what "psych" was supposed to be. I did short the connectors which caused the cpu fan attempt to spin up but thats all i get. The case fans come on, but nothing else not even the PSU fan. I'm hoping its the PSU and I'm gonna replace it soon.
m
l
August 11, 2011 8:24:36 AM

On most motherboards if the power switch is not connected you will need to manually short the power leads with a screwdriver to make it turn on. You only have to make this connection momentarily.
m
l
!