DirectCD Question

July 19, 2005 7:06:04 PM

I am having difficulty writing files to a new CD in my PC's CD-RW drive. I
am receiving the following error every time I reboot my PC. 'DirectCD' will
cause Windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers from
ROXIO's website for an update, but it only takes me to their home page. No
update appears to be available. I have looked for any conflicting software
and removed it, namely RecordNow and Sonic. Still the CD rom will not write
files to CD.

More about : directcd question

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:01:45 AM

What version of Roxio are you using?
"Greenthumb" <Greenthumb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having difficulty writing files to a new CD in my PC's CD-RW drive. I
> am receiving the following error every time I reboot my PC. 'DirectCD'
> will
> cause Windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers
> from
> ROXIO's website for an update, but it only takes me to their home page.
> No
> update appears to be available. I have looked for any conflicting
> software
> and removed it, namely RecordNow and Sonic. Still the CD rom will not
> write
> files to CD.
August 17, 2009 1:18:59 AM

I was surprised to find soooo many people asking about this problem ballon at bootup. In fact it is not related to Roxio but to Adaptec's UDF reader. If you once have inserted a CD made say with Window 98, then XP will ask you to install the UDF reader. My simple fix for the popup is to goto Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the UDF reader. Bingo, no more nagging error at boot time. I'm not sure what your CD write problem may be but I would double check your drivers match the drive before installing any burn software.

JWP
!