Online players - how many?

How do you find out how many UT2K4 on-line players there are? Is there a
website/resource tracking this and maybe other on line games?
16 answers Last reply
More about online players many

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:36:42 GMT, "ssssooo" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >How do you find out how many UT2K4 on-line players there are? Is there a
    >website/resource tracking this and maybe other on line games?

    CSports is one resource. Check it out here:
    http://www.csports.net/(wk5lhxrsfxyv0f45a111ul55)/TopGames.aspx

    When I posted this (16:15 EST) there were 1,636 players online.

    There's another site that shows active players but I can't think of it
    right now. Maybe someone else will chime in with an answer.

    On Thursday 01 September 2005 22:19 Folk wrote:

    > CSports is one resource. Check it out here:
    > http://www.csports.net/(wk5lhxrsfxyv0f45a111ul55)/TopGames.aspx
    >
    > When I posted this (16:15 EST) there were 1,636 players online.
    >
    > There's another site that shows active players but I can't think
    > of it
    > right now. Maybe someone else will chime in with an answer.

    Thank you, very interesting.

    A few surprising facts (at least to me)

    - Counter-Strike is the most-played as expected, but with almost
    100.000 for 1.6 and Source taken together, next one (Call of Duty)
    has 14.000. Huge gap.

    - Call of Duty is much larger than Batlefield, I thought they were
    about the same.

    - UT and UT2004 are about the same number (1400)

    - Q3A about as big as UT and UT2004 together.

    Ursa..

    Major Ursa wrote:

    > - Counter-Strike is the most-played

    Why?

    --
    Flash

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:48:22 +0100, Flash <NOSPAM@digdilem.org> wrote:

    >> - Counter-Strike is the most-played
    >
    >Why?

    Because more people play it than other online games.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    I just looked on UT99 server browser and there are 2048 player on 344
    populated servers, 2100 total servers and thats 1pm GMT hardly peek playing
    time.

    I have to agree with Flash why still counterstrike? Even with the source eye
    candy playing Dust and the like is so repeatative. There are better option
    if you want that sort of game. Battlefield 2 for instance. But still many
    are comfortable with games they know well and can dominate.

    Vis

    Andrew could you explain your answer?

    Counter-Strike is the most-played

    Why?

    Because more people play it than other online games.

    ????????? Surely thats not an reason its a fact.

    What makes more people play that game than any other?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:21:19 +0000 (UTC), "Visine"
    <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >I have to agree with Flash why still counterstrike? Even with the source eye
    >candy playing Dust and the like is so repeatative. There are better option
    >if you want that sort of game. Battlefield 2 for instance. But still many
    >are comfortable with games they know well and can dominate.

    Only a minority of gamers have a PC and internet connection capable of
    running Battlefield smoothly.

    Hundreds of thousands of people like playing CS, just because you
    don't you can't argue with the numbers.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Friday 02 September 2005 15:21 Visine wrote:

    > There are better option
    > if you want that sort of game. Battlefield 2 for instance.

    Another noticable thing in the list; BF2 has 0 players online now
    but is ranking 15 in the "last 31 days" list. Some issues with the
    online player-ranking server I suppose.

    Is BF2 any fun. compared to UT?

    Ursa..
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    I found counterstrike source very glitchy .I ran it on a athlon xp 2900 with
    a geforce 6800 and a ati x800pro 256 mb on a 3 meg connection. Could never
    get it to play smooth. If it ran it looked good.

    BF 2 im running on a ati 9700 and a 800 pro and it looks fabulous. I also
    tried it on a GF5900 but it was awfull. The game play is very team oriented
    and with a good team its excellent. Lots of chatting and a good team leader
    is needed otherwise its very bitty
    The server list and player ranking seem to have a mind of there own and dont
    seem to record your points correctly towards your rankings, so buggy yes i
    say

    I can't dissagree with Andrew the proof of a game is how many play it after
    the initial lauch period. UT still has a big following but nothing like
    counter strike. A simple formula and very playable

    Nice to see a bit of a thread going in here its been pretty quite of late.

    Vis
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:44:16 +0200, Major Ursa <majorursa@iname.com>
    wrote:

    >Is BF2 any fun. compared to UT?

    BF1942 pretty much stopped me playing UT(99/2004), BF2 is better.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Am Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:28:07 +0100 schrieb Andrew:

    > On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:21:19 +0000 (UTC), "Visine"
    > <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have to agree with Flash why still counterstrike? Even with the source eye
    >>candy playing Dust and the like is so repeatative. There are better option
    >>if you want that sort of game. Battlefield 2 for instance. But still many
    >>are comfortable with games they know well and can dominate.
    >
    > Only a minority of gamers have a PC and internet connection capable of
    > running Battlefield smoothly.
    >
    > Hundreds of thousands of people like playing CS, just because you
    > don't you can't argue with the numbers.

    I deleted CS. it was funny by LAN, but no way to be compared to any Version
    of UT. it just rulez after so many years. QuakeII made me addictive.

    its the fluidity of UTgoty, that rulez every other online game. even 2K4
    doesnt compare to that. best online gamers do UTgoty in facing worlds...

    happy fragging...
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:

    >>>- Counter-Strike is the most-played
    >>Why?
    > Because more people play it than other online games.

    :)

    --
    Flash
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:05:48 +0100, Flash <NOSPAM@digdilem.org>
    wrote:

    >>I do find it a bit frustrating that it seems that most of the newly
    >>released games are developed primarily for internet gaming, when the
    >>games I prefer (UT being the sole exception) are single-player.

    And the UT series allows you to practice your multiplayer skills
    offline against bots. Something that most multiplayer games
    still neglect, unfortunately. And even when it is included, the
    bot support is rather poor.

    Crash7
    remove x's from email address to reply
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:48:22 +0100, Flash <NOSPAM@digdilem.org> wrote:

    >Major Ursa wrote:
    >
    >> - Counter-Strike is the most-played
    >
    >Why?

    My theory is that it's because it's a sniper's paradise. If you're a
    lazy gamer or if you like to relax with a game, then CS gives you the
    ability to just stake out a piece of territory and snipe away. No
    running, no jumping, no real tension or strategy... just point at
    stuff and pull the trigger. You can eat pizza, drink beer and smoke
    whatever and still have plenty of time to snipe.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:37:17 +0200, Major Ursa wrote:

    > - Counter-Strike is the most-played as expected,

    Surely that's "most-hacked"?

    --
    Back to lurking again.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Whoa Mr K you've broken cover again. :-)

    Long time since you posted here. You been playing or?????

    Visine
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    CS source is Good game many servers

    hee flash i know you [3am]Flash??

    "Flash" <NOSPAM@digdilem.org> schreef in bericht
    > Major Ursa wrote: