• BIOS
  • Asus
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 3, 2010 3:46:36 PM

please, how do i enter the bios setup of my asus laptop?

More about : entering bios asus laptop

December 3, 2010 3:58:35 PM

Try holding alt and hit F2 while you see the asus splash screen on startup.
a c 120 à CPUs
December 3, 2010 3:59:32 PM

you should see some text on the screen at startup, 'press Delete/F2/F8 to enter setup' whatever it says to press, press that
hope this helps,
Moto
Related resources
July 9, 2014 4:22:19 PM

I have a Q500A. ASUS tech support said to boot the system and press [F2].... this is incorrect.

The correct method is to first boot the system to Windows, then choose Restart. As the screen finally goes black, depress and *hold* [F2] until you see the BIOS screen.
August 13, 2014 1:11:15 PM

Jagdriver said:
I have a Q500A. ASUS tech support said to boot the system and press [F2].... this is incorrect.

The correct method is to first boot the system to Windows, then choose Restart. As the screen finally goes black, depress and *hold* [F2] until you see the BIOS screen.

August 13, 2014 1:12:40 PM

oke

but if there is no system on the harddisk ?what to do then?
June 11, 2015 9:43:54 PM

Alright, for all you scrubs out there trying to get into the BIOS this is he answer. It works with ASUS laptops windows 8.1

Step 1) Press ctrl + c or swipe from right to left to open the charm.

Step 2) Click on Settings then power.
Step 3) shift + click restart and a menu would pop up.
Step 4) Click on Troubleshooting then advanced.
Step 5) Click on CIEF Firmware or something like that and then click restart.
Step 6) Enjoy your time in the BIOS!

I hope this helped all you scrubs out there.
October 1, 2015 4:54:09 AM

adaman2576 said:
Try holding alt and hit F2 while you see the asus splash screen on startup.

Thanx Bingo !

November 13, 2015 10:01:37 AM

Jagdriver said:

Holy hell thank you. Couldn't get into mine for shit.
November 22, 2015 7:56:57 AM

Quote:

ASUS may be half-correct. F2 works, but on a lot of their laptops the "F" keys are the secondary function of the key they're on. ie. F2 key is also Radio key.

To get into bios on my 550LA you press F2 at boot on the splash screen WHILE holding Fn.