CsG_kieran_2

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hey,

Do you think when sandy bridge comes out, current gen' I3/5 and low end i7's will come down in price? just curious... or could this end up like the C2** chips, VERY expensive lol

LOL

Actually when they're not too busy imbibing Scotch, they are fond of tossing tree trunks around with their bare hands. After that, they go eat sheep stomachs.. :p

halfcalf

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010

I had haggis in Edinburgh once. Damn near puked it right into my host's face. :ouch:

Actually I have visited Scotland once (and Scotch several times :D). The people seemed fairly normal - no caber-tossing or kilt-flashing, at least while I was watching them :p. Well, except for one person - JennyH - who used to post here on Tom's :D.

IIRC it was the Scottish who cloned the first sheep - Dolly - in case the menu ran short of regular sheep stomachs :whistle:

I also lived near London for a year as a teenager, staying in a hotel for several months. When I would see kidney pie on the menu, I'd beg my parents to go find a McDonald's.

Now what this has to do with Sandy Bridge, escapes me...

halfcalf

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
^ Simple. The Scots are trying to build a Bridge over Loch Ness so the tourists can get a better view of Nessie, but no matter how many Bulldozers they use they're having problems setting the foundations into the Sandy shore! :)

Rusty_M

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I thought about getting annoyed at all these haggis put-downs. Then I realised that leaves more for me to eat.

The pedant in me also must say that the stomach is the part of the haggis that isn't eaten. The heart, liver, lungs, and oatmeal are.

Also, kidney is great, especially in pies.

I guess I know more about food than computers!

Well they're meant in fun, not serious :).

Also, I didn't know that the stomach isn't eaten - so it's a bit like an oyster shell and not a taco shell, eh??

As for kidney pies, sorry but I really don't like 'organ' meats, such as liver, heart, eyeballs, etc. Gimme muscles or gimme veggies :D.

Rusty_M

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I know it's all in fun.

The stomach is used to contain the rest of the dish while it is cooked. It is cut open, and the haggis is then served. Usually real stomach isn't used anymore, just the same as sausages aren't usually contained in intestines. (although that part is eaten)

Fair enough not liking those things. Each to their own. I'll try just about anything, as long as it isn't human, or kept alive in a cruel manner, such as veal and foie gras.