Sign in with
Your question

Price drop?

Last response: in CPUs
December 3, 2010 3:58:17 PM

Hey,

Do you think when sandy bridge comes out, current gen' I3/5 and low end i7's will come down in price? just curious... or could this end up like the C2** chips, VERY expensive lol

More about : price drop

a c 159 à CPUs
December 3, 2010 4:15:35 PM

Depends on which country you purchase from. Most Intel cpus don't drop much in price for 3-4 years. Then you might see some closeout prices.
December 3, 2010 4:45:50 PM

I think that if the rumored prices for Sandy are correct, then current i7 and i5 prices will drop considerably.
Related resources
December 3, 2010 5:10:23 PM

^oh, i like the sound of that :)  just unlucky for me as uk VAT will go up 2.5% soon.
December 3, 2010 6:39:01 PM

Between your VAT and your snow, I'd emigrate from Ripoff Arctic Britain if I were you! :) 
December 3, 2010 7:38:13 PM

Nothing wrong with scotland lol its the English :p 
Am going to japan so I get better prices than you guys!
December 3, 2010 8:27:06 PM

Nothing wrong with Scotland? Men who wear kilts with no undies in crotch high snow? :) 
December 3, 2010 9:03:37 PM

its called being a man :p  stupid yeah... but a man
December 3, 2010 9:55:38 PM

A man with frostbitten spheroids. :) 
December 4, 2010 5:37:47 AM

Our spheroids are imbued with antifreeze (along with the usual)
December 4, 2010 12:51:49 PM

^ Is that why you Scots drink so much Scotch? :) 
a b à CPUs
December 4, 2010 1:22:49 PM

halfcalf said:
^ Is that why you Scots drink so much Scotch? :) 

LOL

Actually when they're not too busy imbibing Scotch, they are fond of tossing tree trunks around with their bare hands. After that, they go eat sheep stomachs.. :p 
December 4, 2010 1:33:20 PM

^ Change out the kilt and that's me! :) 
December 4, 2010 1:34:47 PM

fazers_on_stun said:
LOL

Actually when they're not too busy imbibing Scotch, they are fond of tossing tree trunks around with their bare hands. After that, they go eat sheep stomachs.. :p 

I had haggis in Edinburgh once. Damn near puked it right into my host's face. :ouch: 
December 4, 2010 1:42:15 PM

Hey! haggis is awsome lol you USA folk thing its an animal
a b à CPUs
December 4, 2010 1:49:43 PM

Haggis isn't a pet?
December 4, 2010 1:59:58 PM

no... its the insides of a sheep, intestine and stomach and whatever else :) 
a b à CPUs
December 4, 2010 2:14:24 PM

LOL, I know
a b à CPUs
December 4, 2010 2:29:27 PM

CsG_kieran_2 said:
Hey! haggis is awsome lol you USA folk thing its an animal

Actually I have visited Scotland once (and Scotch several times :D ). The people seemed fairly normal - no caber-tossing or kilt-flashing, at least while I was watching them :p . Well, except for one person - JennyH - who used to post here on Tom's :D .

IIRC it was the Scottish who cloned the first sheep - Dolly - in case the menu ran short of regular sheep stomachs :whistle: 

I also lived near London for a year as a teenager, staying in a hotel for several months. When I would see kidney pie on the menu, I'd beg my parents to go find a McDonald's.

Now what this has to do with Sandy Bridge, escapes me...
December 4, 2010 2:48:00 PM

^ Simple. The Scots are trying to build a Bridge over Loch Ness so the tourists can get a better view of Nessie, but no matter how many Bulldozers they use they're having problems setting the foundations into the Sandy shore! :) 
December 5, 2010 2:53:02 PM

I thought about getting annoyed at all these haggis put-downs. Then I realised that leaves more for me to eat.

The pedant in me also must say that the stomach is the part of the haggis that isn't eaten. The heart, liver, lungs, and oatmeal are.

Also, kidney is great, especially in pies.

I guess I know more about food than computers!
a b à CPUs
December 5, 2010 3:02:07 PM

Rusty_M said:
I thought about getting annoyed at all these haggis put-downs. Then I realised that leaves more for me to eat.

The pedant in me also must say that the stomach is the part of the haggis that isn't eaten. The heart, liver, lungs, and oatmeal are.

Also, kidney is great, especially in pies.

I guess I know more about food than computers!

Well they're meant in fun, not serious :) .

Also, I didn't know that the stomach isn't eaten - so it's a bit like an oyster shell and not a taco shell, eh??

As for kidney pies, sorry but I really don't like 'organ' meats, such as liver, heart, eyeballs, etc. Gimme muscles or gimme veggies :D .

December 5, 2010 3:36:45 PM

I know it's all in fun.

The stomach is used to contain the rest of the dish while it is cooked. It is cut open, and the haggis is then served. Usually real stomach isn't used anymore, just the same as sausages aren't usually contained in intestines. (although that part is eaten)

Fair enough not liking those things. Each to their own. I'll try just about anything, as long as it isn't human, or kept alive in a cruel manner, such as veal and foie gras.
December 5, 2010 4:02:45 PM

In Glasgow, try Haggis for tea,
With tatties and neeps, and you'll see
That if you are willing,
It's tasty and filling,
Washed down with a whisky or three.

Can I skip the haggis and just have the three whiskys? :) 
December 5, 2010 4:25:24 PM

Fine by me. I'm not a whisky drinker. I'll have the haggis, and you can have the whisky.
December 5, 2010 4:59:58 PM

what on earth is #2? looks like... little mutated fish
December 5, 2010 5:10:13 PM

I like Numbers 8, 3 and 1!

The others I've not tried, though I've had a few other gross foods. I'm surprised snails and fried brains didn't make the list. Never tried brains though.
December 5, 2010 5:22:26 PM

I've had 1, 2, 3, 8, and 10. Believe me, 10 is the worst.

2 is the tops of rooster heads... that floppy red cap thing.
a b à CPUs
December 5, 2010 6:15:51 PM

I think I've had some pizza in my 20's after a night of drinking that should be on that list.
December 5, 2010 6:56:17 PM

i ate vegetarian food... should be #1 lol how can they like that stuff?
December 5, 2010 7:22:36 PM

Somebody once tried to serve me sweetbreads crudo. Now that's gotta be #1.
!