Sign in with
Your question

Instructions for two hard drives with one dedicated to operating system and the

Last response: in Storage
December 21, 2012 8:56:34 AM

I have a i 3770 k 3.5 3rd gen processor, a 64 gb samsung ssd hard drive, a second 1 tig hard drive, a 650 ti graphics card, all on a p8 z77 v deluxe motherboard.
My goal is to install my os (windows 7 professional) on my ssd, and all other documents-files folders, etc., on the second drive.
I need t understand how to have the first drive dedicated only to my operating system (goal-faster boot), and the other drive for everything else.
When I first started my computer and installed the new os, it installed correctly on my ssd. But all of my other updates, as well as my outlook, and all other software installed went only to the ssd drive. I now have 59 gb used on my ssd, and my computer does not recognize my second hard drive.
FYI....I have a 1 tig back up plus external back up drive that I will use for my back up.
any thoughts and instructions would be greatly appreciated. This was my first build and I have things pretty correct but need to make it better.
Thank you.
December 21, 2012 4:22:45 PM

When you installed Outlook, you should have received an install directory prompt. This is where you change the install directory from C: to whatever drive letter your 1tb drive has been assigned. All you can do is uninstall/reinstall and choose the correct directory.
m
l
a c 125 G Storage
December 21, 2012 4:54:56 PM

you have to use windows drive tools to give your missing drive a drive letter or have windows format it.
m
l
a c 80 G Storage
December 21, 2012 6:13:52 PM

Is your SSD completely full? I would start all over, Re-install the OS, and go through the steps to move the program files directory, and the user data to the HDD.
m
l
!