• New Build
  • Video
  • HD
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
September 11, 2010 7:01:52 AM

Hiya folks

Looking to upgrade my system here, and need some advise.

Primarily the system will be used to edit HD video with some gaming and internet use as a secondary priority.

My question is... what would be the best mobo, cpu, graphics card, memory combination to make HD editing a lot less frustrating then it is at the moment.

Overal budget is around $700

Thanks in advance

More about : video processing

September 11, 2010 11:56:25 AM

Hi Simon you budget is a bit tight for what you require, but here are some recommendations.

MB-Try settle with a H55 board you can find a decent one for about $200, prefrably Gigabytes as they are more reliable then others.

CPU-Try get a core i5 750 quad core cpu this should definiatley do the trick is say. $250

Memory-Try get Kingston Value Ram you dont realy need asnything of low latency just get a single 2GB DDR3-1333MHZ and then get 2 mosules (4GB). $75 X 2 = $150

Graphics-Here i woul recommend all you left over cash as much as possible, dedicate all that into the card for a decent card for your requirments i would look at spending $190 maybe look at a GTS 250 if they are still available or try to push it on a ATI 5770 as it is a very decent card.

Total on system $800 +/-

Not sure on pricing as im from SA i had to do manual conversions =)

Kindest Regards Rob."
September 11, 2010 3:49:57 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!