Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory:
6144MB RAM
Hard Drive:
249 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

My computer was working fine for about a week, PERFECT, not one freeze or nothing. Last night, i replaced my heat sink. I guess i didn't put enough thermal paste, but it shot up to 85c Idle. I quickly turned the power off and took of the existing thermal compound and replaced it with some Silver 5 or w/e. Now im running at 28c! So thats good. But now if im playing something, our looking at youtube, my computer seems to lock up and not do anything, than i have to power it off.

I was reading here it could be a Aluminum Migration & ESD or a hardware malfunction. Or it could just simply be something else.

I don't think its neither of this, i wore a anti-static wrist wrap, and i didn't mess with any of the components.

Thanks for any help you are willing to give me

-Patrick.
4 answers Last reply
More about built compulsive freezing
  1. When it freezes does it come with looping sound? That is often associated with memory issues. Did you manually set your memory timings and voltages?

I doubt its Aluminum migration or ESD, if everything was in the case you would have a hard time damaging anything with ESD.
  2. No sound at all, just freezes and doesn't do anything or make a sound.

I get regular boot up sounds when rebooting.

Thanks for your reply.
  3. hunter315 said:
    When it freezes does it come with looping sound? That is often associated with memory issues. Did you manually set your memory timings and voltages?

And no i didn't manually set my memory timings and voltages
  4. Go set your memory timings and voltage manually, many kits wont function right at only 1.5V and need 1.65V to not have errors.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems